- Punching out of Twitter. I have Oduya for my OT winner btw. Why? Bruins think they are winning this game. Oh, do ya? (goodnight) 2 hours ago
- Why are other NHL teams tweeting about this game? Why would they care? Like, irrelevant teams like Columbus and Florida. 3 hours ago
- This hockey game is good, no? Too bad the four letter will devote five minutes on it and the remainder of programming on a headband. 3 hours ago
- I just iCal'd the @WheelingNailers 2013-2014 scheduled during intermission. If anybody wants it, let me know. 3 hours ago
- What is a subtweet? 5 hours ago
- Ordered a box of Ashton cigars today. I consider it my consolation prize for not winning a Calder Cup this year. 5 hours ago
- A stroke got Tony Soprano. You come at the king, you better not miss. 6 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
June 24, 2011Posted by on
Like that David Bowie song from the 70′s, the AHL landscape of affiliation swaps is a changin’.
I stayed tuned to the news today on the Twitter side, and it looks like everything is into place. Things can change, but I am cavalier enough and confident enough in whom I follow and whom they retweet to offer the following table:
|AHL Team||Old Parent Team||New Parent Team|
|Rochester Americans||Florida Panthers||Buffalo Sabres|
|Portland Pirates||Buffalo Sabres||Phoenix Coyotes|
|Chicago Wolves||Atlanta Thrashers*||Vancouver Canucks|
|San Antonio Rampage||Phoenix Coyotes||Florida Panthers?**|
* – The Thrashers moved to Winnipeg and will be named the Winnipeg Jets, who will affiliate with the new, yet to be named St. John’s, Newfoundland team.
** – Tampa Bay and Norfolk are not breaking up, and San Antonio and Florida are the last teams standing without affiliations, with all other teams currently spoken for.
Comments are closed.