- RT @TheAHL: You got that right. #CalderCup RT @espn: #3Words: Game. Six. Tonight. 2 hours ago
- RT @TheHersheyBears: NEWS: Bears name Mike Haviland Head Coach. bit.ly/17VGmeo #AHL #HBH 8 hours ago
- RT @WaltonCaps: Mike Haviland is the 24th head coach in Hershey Bears history. Assistant coach in Norfolk last year. 8 hours ago
- RT @TheHersheyBears: Bears introduce Mike Haviland as the organizations 24th Head Coach. #AHL #HBH http://t.co/llu9k5yVHS 8 hours ago
- Chris Bourque back to the KHL. Ak Bars Kazan 9 hours ago
- What is The Voice and why are the Stanley Cup Finals not on NBC? 23 hours ago
- I wish I could unsee that commercial I just saw of Psy dancing around with a bunch of pistachios. 23 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Stuccio to Hershey
September 1, 2011Posted by on
The Hershey Bears announced today that Scott Stuccio has been named the new broadcaster and media relations coordinator for the team. Stuccio replaces John Walton, who took the same position for the Bears parent team, the Washington Capitals a few weeks ago.
Scott had served as the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins Director of Communications and provided color commentary in the Penguins radio booth with the teams play by play voice, Tom Grace.
Kind words from former Bears voice John Walton here.
Bears beat writer Tim Leone caught up with both John and Scott for a story this afternoon.
I hate to say it, but I saw this developing all summer. When it was speculated that Steve Kolbe may not be back as the voice of the Capitals in early July, I knew that John Walton was the man for the job. When the Walton news became official, I knew Stuccio would be perfect for the job in Hershey. Walton and Stuccio are friends away from the rink. I have never heard a bad word muttered from a Bears fan regarding Stuccio so he was the perfect fit for the position.
The Penguins organization loses a huge, huge asset to the Hershey Bears organization. I would like to wish Scott the absolute best in his new endeavor with the rival Bears.
Comments are closed.