- SNY broadcasters sampling ballpark foodstuffs sitting next to the Pepsi Porch in left field while calling the game = TV Gold, Jerry. 6 hours ago
- Why am I so jammed up over a commercial about a mascot? Sigh. I am enjoying summer, but miss tweeting about puck. 11 hours ago
- You're in a big boy division now, Melvin, Phlex, Dax or what ever your name is. 11 hours ago
- Right. Like the Penguins have anything to worry about against a team that had 68 points last year. http://t.co/IoiDeQkEsc 11 hours ago
- Bring back Phlex, goddammit. 11 hours ago
- So the Phantoms have a new mascot. His name is meLVin (LV for Lehigh Valley, get it?) He doesn't like Penguins, or chocolate (Hershey) 11 hours ago
- RT @LVPhantoms: MYSTERY UNVEILED! What was in the Dime Bank vault @PPLCenter? Find out here: youtu.be/EptUSDlD0XI http://t.co/5VdRfFXzSI 11 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Nail Down Some Fodder
November 5, 2012Posted by on
I knew when I heard Penguins play-by-play man Tom Grace say on Friday that Keven Veilleux could get sent down to Wheeling for conditioning I would have some fodder either Monday or Tuesday.
The Penguins figure that everyone will be out voting Tuesday, so today they announced the assignment of Keven Veilleux to the ECHL’s Wheeling Nailers. Adam Payerl goes with him to ensure that Veilluex doesn’t get lost.
Payerl was 1-0-1 in five games for the Penguins with his lone goal coming October 28 in Hershey. Rather than have him sit, the Penguins obviously feel that Wheeling is the place for him to get quality minutes.
Veilleux hasn’t played since last pre-season, when a devastating check into the boards injured his knee and thus his season.
–> Rockford’s Kyle Beach was named AHL Player of the Week today. I would have thought that with Paul Thompson’s natural hat trick from yesterday he would have been a shoe-in. Comparatively, Beach was 3-2-5 and a +3 in the IceHogs’ two games while Thompson was 4-0-4 and a +4 in his two contests. I guess it could have went either way.
Probably won’t have anything on Election Day, so see you Wednesday at 3 p.m. here for the Gameday setup vs. the Binghamton Senators.
Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.