- ICYMI: Pens leave a point in Mohawk Valley, lose 2-1 in shootout to Utica last night: Recap -> wp.me/pZJgR-1Ns 5 hours ago
- But I can see the reasoning. Gamer is near done. 350 words. Not bad for a guy that didn’t listen and watched here and there. 17 hours ago
- Laughable that Utica didn’t award Peter Mannino a star tonight. They went DeFazio (game tying goal) O’Reilly (shootout GWG) & Eriksson 32/33 17 hours ago
- Heading home. Blog’ll be up before midnight. 18 hours ago
- Albany and Providence with 69 pts. in 6 and 7. Pens’ll have 68 in 8th. Hershey, barring an implosion, will have 9th with 67 pts. 18 hours ago
- Albany yaks up a big lead again but manages to win in shootout. Worcester beats Providence in one too. St. John’s wins in regulation v BRI 18 hours ago
- However, a pack of rabid dogs make up the non-division leaders. Pens may settle 7-8-9 tonight, depending on other finals. 18 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Nail Down Some Fodder
November 5, 2012Posted by on
I knew when I heard Penguins play-by-play man Tom Grace say on Friday that Keven Veilleux could get sent down to Wheeling for conditioning I would have some fodder either Monday or Tuesday.
The Penguins figure that everyone will be out voting Tuesday, so today they announced the assignment of Keven Veilleux to the ECHL’s Wheeling Nailers. Adam Payerl goes with him to ensure that Veilluex doesn’t get lost.
Payerl was 1-0-1 in five games for the Penguins with his lone goal coming October 28 in Hershey. Rather than have him sit, the Penguins obviously feel that Wheeling is the place for him to get quality minutes.
Veilleux hasn’t played since last pre-season, when a devastating check into the boards injured his knee and thus his season.
–> Rockford’s Kyle Beach was named AHL Player of the Week today. I would have thought that with Paul Thompson’s natural hat trick from yesterday he would have been a shoe-in. Comparatively, Beach was 3-2-5 and a +3 in the IceHogs’ two games while Thompson was 4-0-4 and a +4 in his two contests. I guess it could have went either way.
Probably won’t have anything on Election Day, so see you Wednesday at 3 p.m. here for the Gameday setup vs. the Binghamton Senators.
Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.