- RT @SousLeRadar: @nafsnep They said he got to practice late. 9 hours ago
- Is Megna hurt or something? Not among the lines in morning skate. 9 hours ago
- Meanwhile, on my computer screen. Perfect night I can watch all the games. http://t.co/QlrJw3nwxU 22 hours ago
- RT @LGP_netwolf: @nafsnep You mean trading a G w/ a ring & a year left on his deal for a G w/o a ring that's UFA next summer isn't a good i… 23 hours ago
- I just heard Stan Fischler propose a trade of M-A Fleury for Ryan Miller and I saw him do it with a straight face. #no 23 hours ago
- No word if any of the WBS Penguins got hurt watching this game or hurt tripping over the border. Wouldn't surprise me. #InjuryBugGoAway 1 day ago
- But then again, I'll know what it's like being a fan of one of the other 29 NHL teams. 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Odds and Ends 11/12
November 12, 2012Posted by on
Stringing together the following links for you to enjoy:
–> Mohegan Sun Arena tweeted today that the gates will open at 6 p.m., like it has in the past. About a month ago, the Arena opened the doors at 5:30 in an effort to get people through the new security screening. They are reverting back to the old 6 p.m. way, effective immediately.
–> Keven Veilleux returned to the Penguins yesterday. This was planned. He should be in the lineup Wednesday vs. Springfield.
–> Yeah, about them Springfield Falcons. They are 8-1-0-2, with 18 points and lead the Eastern Conference. I always love “fun with numbers” breakdowns, so I offer the following for your viewing enjoyment regarding the opponent on Wednesday.
–> One more thing regarding the Falcons, G Curtis McElhinney was named AHL Player of the Week this afternoon after shutting out his opponents in two starts this past weekend. If my math is correct (stay with me here) he has a 138:40 shutout streak going which is most likely going to get built on come Wednesday as he will most likely start in goal for the Falcons vs. the Penguins.
–> Paying off this past weekends freelance work I did for Maine Hockey Journal, you can find the edited, finished version of my work here. ’Twas fun, I hope to get to do that again sometime soon.
–> The AHL partnered up with a news outlet by the name of SendtoNews a few weeks ago. They provide video highlights to news outlets. I don’t consider myself a “news” outlet, but if you are here to get information on the Penguins, you are here for “news” – so starting Wednesday, I will start offering the highlights as part of the postgame blog updates.
The problem with that, unfortunately, is that the scripting and coding and all that technical computer jazz doesn’t play nice with my blog, which is hosted by WordPress.com. They don’t allow it, so you’ll need to click twice to see it, once on the link and then once to “play” when on the Send to News site.
Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.