- Regardless, the ten of you that read my blog will have tons to look at next week. 11 hours ago
- Depending on opponent and schedule of course, still to be decided, May need to double stack things. 11 hours ago
- Chirps from Center Ice blogging Explosion next week. Final Power Rankings Sunday. 4Q Grades Monday. Calder Cup Playoff Preview Tues-Wed. 11 hours ago
- Why does Brian Burke always look angry and look like he just woke up in the suit he's wearing? 12 hours ago
- RT @WheelingNailers: Nailers vs. Stingrays Playoff Preview #constantcontact conta.cc/1noPahw 16 hours ago
- My vote (again, if I had one) for Coach of the Year would have been Albany's Rick Kowalsky. Did you have the Devils as a pl-off team in Oct? 18 hours ago
- RT @AHLPR: Jeff Blashill @griffinshockey voted winner of the Louis A.R. Pieri Award as @TheAHL's top coach for 2013-14 | http://t.co/iiybOg… 18 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Odds and Ends 11/12
November 12, 2012Posted by on
Stringing together the following links for you to enjoy:
–> Mohegan Sun Arena tweeted today that the gates will open at 6 p.m., like it has in the past. About a month ago, the Arena opened the doors at 5:30 in an effort to get people through the new security screening. They are reverting back to the old 6 p.m. way, effective immediately.
–> Keven Veilleux returned to the Penguins yesterday. This was planned. He should be in the lineup Wednesday vs. Springfield.
–> Yeah, about them Springfield Falcons. They are 8-1-0-2, with 18 points and lead the Eastern Conference. I always love “fun with numbers” breakdowns, so I offer the following for your viewing enjoyment regarding the opponent on Wednesday.
–> One more thing regarding the Falcons, G Curtis McElhinney was named AHL Player of the Week this afternoon after shutting out his opponents in two starts this past weekend. If my math is correct (stay with me here) he has a 138:40 shutout streak going which is most likely going to get built on come Wednesday as he will most likely start in goal for the Falcons vs. the Penguins.
–> Paying off this past weekends freelance work I did for Maine Hockey Journal, you can find the edited, finished version of my work here. ‘Twas fun, I hope to get to do that again sometime soon.
–> The AHL partnered up with a news outlet by the name of SendtoNews a few weeks ago. They provide video highlights to news outlets. I don’t consider myself a “news” outlet, but if you are here to get information on the Penguins, you are here for “news” – so starting Wednesday, I will start offering the highlights as part of the postgame blog updates.
The problem with that, unfortunately, is that the scripting and coding and all that technical computer jazz doesn’t play nice with my blog, which is hosted by WordPress.com. They don’t allow it, so you’ll need to click twice to see it, once on the link and then once to “play” when on the Send to News site.
Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.