- Malkin left him on 279, going to the airport. 29 minutes ago
- RT @210Darryl: @nafsnep To make room for the next players coming through the door. Next line goes over the boards as previous line goes in … 32 minutes ago
- Oh. RT @VBKen: @nafsnep Next shift is closer to the opposing goal. 35 minutes ago
- I have a dumb question. Why do hockey players slide down the bench? 37 minutes ago
- So much for those local TV reports in Maine that said Brian Dumoulin would make his NHL debut tonight. I guess its all about page clicks. 1 hour ago
- Someone get Stan Savran a tissue please. 1 hour ago
- Although, I can watch Ginger Zee talk about the weather for days. 2 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Ink on Your Fingers
November 18, 2012Posted by on
I hope the local portion of the Chirps from Center Ice reading contingent had the ability to purchase a Citizens’ Voice today. My print story pinch hitting for Jonathan Bombulie was in it. I was selfishly hoping for upper fold of the front of the sports page, but I will settle for Page B4. Here is the story in internet format. Not exactly James Ellery worthy, but you all seemed to enjoy it from what you gave me feed back wise on Twitter and Facebook, and for that I cannot thank you all enough.
Two things that didn’t make it past the editing table I wanted to share from last night:
– Joe Morrow was involved in his first pro fight with heavyweight Matt Clackson.
– Of the eight penalty shots awarded in the AHL this season, Brad Thiessen has been involved in two of them. He stopped Bridgeport’s Nino Niederrieter on October 20 and did not stop Garrett Mitchell last night.
It was an honor sitting on press row with the likes of the great Tim Leone who covers the Bears for The Patriot News and my fellow fan bloggers Sweetest Hockey on Earth. More of an honor pinch hitting for one of the best in this business.
We will return you to regular scheduled fan blogging this Wednesday when the Pens revisit Giant Center vs. the Bears. I’ll try to have something Monday or Tuesday in between here on the blog.