- Third time in as many days I have been hit up for change in Wilkes-Barre. What the hell? This never used to happen. 2 hours ago
- Snapsterpieces. That's a new one… 2 days ago
- What the hell is a 'bae' ?? -- If it's what I think, there's one by Chesapeake, and you spelled it wrong... 3 days ago
- Groundscrew is acutally two words. Grounds. Crew. Duly noted. 3 days ago
- Surprised that with the garbage on TV these days it hasn't been thought of. If you are in TV and this inspires you, thank me later. 3 days ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Crunch / Penguins Notebook
November 30, 2012Posted by on
Sitting here looking at some stats in advance of tonight’s huge tilt between Syracuse and the Pens and wanted to fire off a quick, “notebook” blog of material that would get lost in the shuffle of the live tweeting. Check out the Gameday setup if you haven’t already and enjoy the following notes:
- Syracuse is the last team in the AHL to lose on the road in regulation. (9-0-0-1)
- The Crunch are 10-1 when they score first. They are the first team in the AHL to achieve ten wins when they do score first.
- Syracuse is first overall in the AHL in goals for with 3.82 goals / game.
- The Penguins are third overall in the AHL in goals allowed with 2.22 goals against.
- AHL Commissioner Dave Andrews will be in the house tonight.
In other news today, the Wheeling Nailers were active on the transaction wire this afternoon. They received Dominik Uher and Keven Veilleux for tonight’s game at Elmira and traded for Andrew Hotham (from Cincinatti) and Chris Higgins (from Utah) in ECHL-related moves for future considerations. Nailers’ beat writer Shawn Rine tweeted that the Uher / Veilleux assignments were one night rentals.
Back later tonight for the postgame recap. Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.