- Capitals tie it on the power play. Dis-LAICH. 4 hours ago
- Can't be worse than what we have now, which is basically chaos. 5 hours ago
- Let Tom Kostopoulos play the role of Alex Ovechkin and get the four best WBS passers out there to do what Washington does. 5 hours ago
- The Capitals power play is so basic. Everyone just stands around. No one moves. Ever. Can we try this in Wilkes-Barre? 5 hours ago
- That's not Fehr. 5 hours ago
- RT @WBSPenguins: Video highlights from the Penguins' five-point weekend are up now. Check them out on our YouTube page ---> http://t.co/k1Y… 8 hours ago
- ICYMI: Pens take 5 of 6 pts. this w/e, tied with NOR for East Division lead. My recap of the 4-3 SO win v TOR here: wp.me/pZJgR-1NQ 14 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Crunch / Penguins Notebook
November 30, 2012Posted by on
Sitting here looking at some stats in advance of tonight’s huge tilt between Syracuse and the Pens and wanted to fire off a quick, “notebook” blog of material that would get lost in the shuffle of the live tweeting. Check out the Gameday setup if you haven’t already and enjoy the following notes:
- Syracuse is the last team in the AHL to lose on the road in regulation. (9-0-0-1)
- The Crunch are 10-1 when they score first. They are the first team in the AHL to achieve ten wins when they do score first.
- Syracuse is first overall in the AHL in goals for with 3.82 goals / game.
- The Penguins are third overall in the AHL in goals allowed with 2.22 goals against.
- AHL Commissioner Dave Andrews will be in the house tonight.
In other news today, the Wheeling Nailers were active on the transaction wire this afternoon. They received Dominik Uher and Keven Veilleux for tonight’s game at Elmira and traded for Andrew Hotham (from Cincinatti) and Chris Higgins (from Utah) in ECHL-related moves for future considerations. Nailers’ beat writer Shawn Rine tweeted that the Uher / Veilleux assignments were one night rentals.
Back later tonight for the postgame recap. Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.