- Meanwhile, on my computer screen. Perfect night I can watch all the games. http://t.co/QlrJw3nwxU 5 hours ago
- RT @LGP_netwolf: @nafsnep You mean trading a G w/ a ring & a year left on his deal for a G w/o a ring that's UFA next summer isn't a good i… 5 hours ago
- I just heard Stan Fischler propose a trade of M-A Fleury for Ryan Miller and I saw him do it with a straight face. #no 6 hours ago
- No word if any of the WBS Penguins got hurt watching this game or hurt tripping over the border. Wouldn't surprise me. #InjuryBugGoAway 1 day ago
- But then again, I'll know what it's like being a fan of one of the other 29 NHL teams. 1 day ago
- The Olympics are going to suck for me, cheering against Sidney Crosby and Team Canada. 1 day ago
- 3 on 3 hockey? What is this, the SPHL? 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Jeff Zatkoff Named Goalie of the Month
December 3, 2012Posted by on
This one came out of left field to me because I thought Abbotsford’s Barry Brust was a shoo-in for this award but Wilkes-Barre / Scranton’s Jeff Zatkoff was named the AHL’s Goaltender of the Month Monday afternoon.
Barry Brust broke a 55-year old AHL record earlier in the month when he did not allow a goal for 268 minutes and 17 seconds. The old record was 249:51 established in 1957. 55 years! Pretty impressive.
Brust appeared in five games, with a 0.59 GAA and a 0.976 SV% and went 5-0.
Zatkoff went 8-1 in nine games, with a 1.21 GAA and a 0.955 SV% and help re-establish the Penguins as one of the elite teams in the AHL.
You couldn’t go wrong either way in the selection.
This just in to the Chirps from Center Ice news desk…
After playing 11 games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on tryout deal, Brown's Bobby Farnham gets an AHL contract. Announcement tomorrow.—
Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) December 03, 2012
And to think I wouldn’t have fodder this week…
Comments are closed.