- I still don't know how I feel about this. I guess we'll find out when I read, "(Player) is day-to-day with a lower body injury." 11 hours ago
- One thing I have learned this summer is that any team in any league in any sport will divulge an injury to its player. But still not hockey. 11 hours ago
- RT @LVPhantoms: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms have agreed to terms with free agent LW Austin Fyten on an AHL two-way contract 11 hours ago
- Mets win! Mets win! Mets win! http://t.co/uGpumDuAvi 13 hours ago
- RT @pgammo: Er1 [.S aq B,/6sxtx/,a.,.,,,,.,scrdz 13 hours ago
- I just threw ~600 words together on why I think AHL West is a bad idea. Now whether to publish to blog. 17 hours ago
- Sorry, I have to stop throwing stones. Bad, @nafsnep, bad! 18 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Ryan’s No Slouch
December 11, 2012Posted by on
There’s obviously a bit of concern when your starting goaltender goes down with an injury.
There’s always a bit of concern when the third string goaltender in your ECHL affiliate goes down with an injury thus making himself unavailable for recall to fill-in as backup.
Let’s just say, after hearing two separate reports from both Wilkes-Barre and Wheeling yesterday indicating that the starting goaltenders are hurt, I was concerned.
I am less so today.
The Penguins Tuesday morning announced the signing of Ryan Zapolski, only the best statistical goaltender in the ECHL right now and reigning Goalie of the Week. He plays for the South Carolina Stingrays.
I’d be interested to see if Zapolski gets game action or not in the immediate short term. My initial thought is no, when you are borrowing another team’s asset, you don’t thrust him to the wolves unless absolutely necessary. That said, I can’t foresee Brad Thiessen starting the next three games. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Jonathan also had updates on the rest of the walking wounded, including Jeff Zatkoff, Simon Despres and Brian Strait. Strait practiced, Despres and Zatkoff did not.
Comments are closed.