- ..... and hope my ma doesn't break my phone over my head checking it every 5 seconds. 12 hours ago
- But I will compile a list of Twitter feeds w/ capable coverage and have em on the blog..... 12 hours ago
- I'll have limited if any live tweets of the WBS @ Utica game tomorrow. You only get one mother. Tomorrow is her birthday. Dinner w/ family. 12 hours ago
- RT @CVBombulie: Kobasew update 3/6 dlvr.it/54yc64 17 hours ago
- My third quarter grades hit the blog at noon. Hope to "C" you then. 21 hours ago
- ICYMI: Trades, and how they affect the AHL East. Read my words here: wp.me/sZJgR-trades 23 hours ago
- I guess what I’m getting at is that the West is as good or better than your Manchesters, Springfields, Binghamtons or Norfolks of the world. 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Ryan’s No Slouch
December 11, 2012Posted by on
There’s obviously a bit of concern when your starting goaltender goes down with an injury.
There’s always a bit of concern when the third string goaltender in your ECHL affiliate goes down with an injury thus making himself unavailable for recall to fill-in as backup.
Let’s just say, after hearing two separate reports from both Wilkes-Barre and Wheeling yesterday indicating that the starting goaltenders are hurt, I was concerned.
I am less so today.
The Penguins Tuesday morning announced the signing of Ryan Zapolski, only the best statistical goaltender in the ECHL right now and reigning Goalie of the Week. He plays for the South Carolina Stingrays.
I’d be interested to see if Zapolski gets game action or not in the immediate short term. My initial thought is no, when you are borrowing another team’s asset, you don’t thrust him to the wolves unless absolutely necessary. That said, I can’t foresee Brad Thiessen starting the next three games. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Jonathan also had updates on the rest of the walking wounded, including Jeff Zatkoff, Simon Despres and Brian Strait. Strait practiced, Despres and Zatkoff did not.
Comments are closed.