- Jonathan in his gamer is echoing the same sentiment I am: Penguins don’t want to be a 6 and get Bingo round 1. 6 hours ago
- It’s too late for me to start working on scenarios. Its' something I hope Spingfield is working on or has worked on. 6 hours ago
- Gamer is ready to go up. If Albany and Providence win tomorrow and Wilkes-Barre loses in regulation, the Pens are a 7 seed. 6 hours ago
- RT @CheckersInGame: Oklahoma City gets to overtime to clinch the final playoff spot in the Western Conference. Checkers and Rockford are of… 7 hours ago
- Playoff picture in the East is set. Providence and Norfork punch tickets. 7 hours ago
- RT @kyle_mace: For the first time since Paul Fixter was Hershey's head coach, the Bears will not be playing in the Calder Cup Playoffs 7 hours ago
- RT @kyle_mace: The Hershey Bears' season is over. 7 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Ryan’s No Slouch
December 11, 2012Posted by on
There’s obviously a bit of concern when your starting goaltender goes down with an injury.
There’s always a bit of concern when the third string goaltender in your ECHL affiliate goes down with an injury thus making himself unavailable for recall to fill-in as backup.
Let’s just say, after hearing two separate reports from both Wilkes-Barre and Wheeling yesterday indicating that the starting goaltenders are hurt, I was concerned.
I am less so today.
The Penguins Tuesday morning announced the signing of Ryan Zapolski, only the best statistical goaltender in the ECHL right now and reigning Goalie of the Week. He plays for the South Carolina Stingrays.
I’d be interested to see if Zapolski gets game action or not in the immediate short term. My initial thought is no, when you are borrowing another team’s asset, you don’t thrust him to the wolves unless absolutely necessary. That said, I can’t foresee Brad Thiessen starting the next three games. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Jonathan also had updates on the rest of the walking wounded, including Jeff Zatkoff, Simon Despres and Brian Strait. Strait practiced, Despres and Zatkoff did not.
Comments are closed.