- Lights back on and the best news is had. Damn. Parachute time. Geronimo!!!! 10 hours ago
- Hooray electricity! 10 hours ago
- No power at house. Megna just scored. I'm in my truck listening on SatRad. I think I'm going in to sit in the dark. 14 hours ago
- RT @SousLeRadar: @nafsnep They said he got to practice late. 23 hours ago
- Is Megna hurt or something? Not among the lines in morning skate. 23 hours ago
- Meanwhile, on my computer screen. Perfect night I can watch all the games. http://t.co/QlrJw3nwxU 1 day ago
- RT @LGP_netwolf: @nafsnep You mean trading a G w/ a ring & a year left on his deal for a G w/o a ring that's UFA next summer isn't a good i… 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Ryan’s No Slouch
December 11, 2012Posted by on
There’s obviously a bit of concern when your starting goaltender goes down with an injury.
There’s always a bit of concern when the third string goaltender in your ECHL affiliate goes down with an injury thus making himself unavailable for recall to fill-in as backup.
Let’s just say, after hearing two separate reports from both Wilkes-Barre and Wheeling yesterday indicating that the starting goaltenders are hurt, I was concerned.
I am less so today.
The Penguins Tuesday morning announced the signing of Ryan Zapolski, only the best statistical goaltender in the ECHL right now and reigning Goalie of the Week. He plays for the South Carolina Stingrays.
I’d be interested to see if Zapolski gets game action or not in the immediate short term. My initial thought is no, when you are borrowing another team’s asset, you don’t thrust him to the wolves unless absolutely necessary. That said, I can’t foresee Brad Thiessen starting the next three games. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Jonathan also had updates on the rest of the walking wounded, including Jeff Zatkoff, Simon Despres and Brian Strait. Strait practiced, Despres and Zatkoff did not.
Comments are closed.