- SNY broadcasters sampling ballpark foodstuffs sitting next to the Pepsi Porch in left field while calling the game = TV Gold, Jerry. 4 hours ago
- Why am I so jammed up over a commercial about a mascot? Sigh. I am enjoying summer, but miss tweeting about puck. 9 hours ago
- You're in a big boy division now, Melvin, Phlex, Dax or what ever your name is. 9 hours ago
- Right. Like the Penguins have anything to worry about against a team that had 68 points last year. http://t.co/IoiDeQkEsc 9 hours ago
- Bring back Phlex, goddammit. 9 hours ago
- So the Phantoms have a new mascot. His name is meLVin (LV for Lehigh Valley, get it?) He doesn't like Penguins, or chocolate (Hershey) 9 hours ago
- RT @LVPhantoms: MYSTERY UNVEILED! What was in the Dime Bank vault @PPLCenter? Find out here: youtu.be/EptUSDlD0XI http://t.co/5VdRfFXzSI 9 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Ryan’s No Slouch
December 11, 2012Posted by on
There’s obviously a bit of concern when your starting goaltender goes down with an injury.
There’s always a bit of concern when the third string goaltender in your ECHL affiliate goes down with an injury thus making himself unavailable for recall to fill-in as backup.
Let’s just say, after hearing two separate reports from both Wilkes-Barre and Wheeling yesterday indicating that the starting goaltenders are hurt, I was concerned.
I am less so today.
The Penguins Tuesday morning announced the signing of Ryan Zapolski, only the best statistical goaltender in the ECHL right now and reigning Goalie of the Week. He plays for the South Carolina Stingrays.
I’d be interested to see if Zapolski gets game action or not in the immediate short term. My initial thought is no, when you are borrowing another team’s asset, you don’t thrust him to the wolves unless absolutely necessary. That said, I can’t foresee Brad Thiessen starting the next three games. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Jonathan also had updates on the rest of the walking wounded, including Jeff Zatkoff, Simon Despres and Brian Strait. Strait practiced, Despres and Zatkoff did not.
Comments are closed.