- RT @caitlinchris: @nafsnep "Delay of game: puck over glass" = automatic 2 minute minor. IMO, on par or worse. 6 hours ago
- The blocking the plate in baseball rule is singlehandedly the worst rule in sports. The worst. 6 hours ago
- Cardiac Penguins = only every season, man. 7 hours ago
- The Greatest Show on Turf and Orange Crush are some of my favorite football nicknames. 7 hours ago
- RT @SYRTylerP: @nafsnep @saunders1407 Phi Slama Jama 7 hours ago
- RT @210Darryl: Gashouse Gang MT @nafsnep @saunders1407 Nice. Anyone else?RT @saunders1407: @nafsnep Purple People Eaters, Steel Curtain... 7 hours ago
- Nice. Anyone else?RT @saunders1407: @nafsnep Purple People Eaters, Steel Curtain, Monsters of the Midway 7 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
December 18, 2012Posted by on
Reading the tea leaves today, it looks like Jeff Zatkoff is healthy again. Ryan Zapolski was released from his PTO, free to return to his ECHL club South Carolina.
I’d fully anticipate the Zatkoff starts tomorrow in Binghamton. From there, as to how the Penguins perform, is anyone’s guess.
If I had to offer a diagnosis as to what the Penguins problem is right now, I think that other teams have gotten better, while the Penguins have simply stayed the same. I don’t think it’s goaltending. I don’t think it’s the lack of a certain player or coaching or anything like that.
Here’s some links to chew on if you haven’t seen them already:
–> Penguins Insider’s Monday update on Zatkoff, Despres, Megna and numbers.
–> Jonathan’s story in the paper Tuesday about the losing streak with quotes from Hynes and more math.
–> Exercising newspaper bipartisanship, here’s Twitter-less Tom Venesky from the Times Leader take on when he thinks the losing skid will end.
Am traveling to Binghamton tomorrow. Hopefully someone other than Trevor Smith scores a goal for the Pens and the losing streak ends on the Southern Tier. Gameday for the event up here on the blog at 3 pm.
Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.