- RT @caitlinchris: @nafsnep "Delay of game: puck over glass" = automatic 2 minute minor. IMO, on par or worse. 4 hours ago
- The blocking the plate in baseball rule is singlehandedly the worst rule in sports. The worst. 4 hours ago
- Cardiac Penguins = only every season, man. 5 hours ago
- The Greatest Show on Turf and Orange Crush are some of my favorite football nicknames. 5 hours ago
- RT @SYRTylerP: @nafsnep @saunders1407 Phi Slama Jama 5 hours ago
- RT @210Darryl: Gashouse Gang MT @nafsnep @saunders1407 Nice. Anyone else?RT @saunders1407: @nafsnep Purple People Eaters, Steel Curtain... 5 hours ago
- Nice. Anyone else?RT @saunders1407: @nafsnep Purple People Eaters, Steel Curtain, Monsters of the Midway 5 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
GAMEDAY: vs. Syracuse 12/31
December 31, 2012Posted by on
Home Game: 17
AHL Game: 473
Who: Syracuse Crunch
Where: Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
When: 5:05 p.m. EST
Last Game: Saturday at home vs. the Norfolk Admirals, the Pens lost in overtime 3-2. Jayson Megna had a goal and was a +2 and was named third star of the game. For Syracuse, they coughed up a 4-0 lead to the St. John’s IceCaps and lost 5-4 in overtime. Cory Conacher and Alex Killorn both had a goal and an assist each in the loss.
Last Meeting: December 22 in Syracuse, the Pens won 3-2. Trevor Smith was named first star with the game winning goal.
Record: For WBS: 14-13-2-1 (31 pts., 4th place East Division) — For SYR: 19-7-2-3 (43 pts., 1st place East Division)
Why you should care: Penguins have a winning record against the Crunch and seem to have their number. They want to close out 2012 on a winning note.
Referee(s): Jamie Koharski / Geoff Miller
Linesmen: Scott Adams / Luke Murray
Television: AHL Live
Other Game to Watch: The B-Sens host the St. John’s IceCaps in a game that has All-Star implications. The B-Sens need the Penguins to beat the Crunch to send head coach Luke Richardson to coach the Eastern Conference All-Stars in Providence next month.
Next Five Games: @ BNG 1/4, WOR 1/5, @ CT 1/6, BNG 1/9, HER 1/11
Comments are closed.