- Wilkes-Barre shoots to 6th in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Will likely see magic number dip to 34. 8 hours ago
- So that means the Norfolk Admirals are the new East Division leader. But I thought they suck, Ads fans? 8 hours ago
- Comets win 6-5 in a shootout. Wow. Joe Cannata relieves Joacim Eriksson in goal & becomes Cannata-non-grata, shuts down BNG, stopping 27/28 8 hours ago
- RT @NorfolkAdmirals: FINAL: HER 1-3 NOR Admirals score three unanswered in the 2nd to draw weekend series with Hershey. 8 hours ago
- RT @PSBSens: Should Norfolk hold on and the #BSens lose the shootout, they relinquish first place in the East. 8 hours ago
- Utica and Binghamton heading to OT. No idea how Binghamton lets this happen, East Division'll take it though. 8 hours ago
- Gamer'll will need to wait, heading over to Bingo / Utica 8 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
GAMEDAY: vs. St. John’s 1/23
January 23, 2013Posted by on
Home Game: 22
AHL Game: 606
Who: St. John’s IceCaps
Where: Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
When: 7:05 p.m. EST
Last Game: Sunday in Hershey at the AHL Outdoor Classic, the Penguins won 2-1 in overtime. Paul Thompson scored his 13th goal of the season and was named the first star of the game. For St. John’s, they were in Binghamton Monday and won 3-2. Eddie Pasquale stopped 32 of 34 and was named first star of the game.
Last Meeting: December 1 in Wilkes-Barre, the Penguins won 5-3. Dylan Reese had a goal and an assist and was named the games first star.
Record: For WBS: 19-17-2-1 (41 pts., 4th place East Division) — For STJ: 18-20-1-2 (39 pts., 5th place Atlantic Division)
Why you should care: The Penguins have won four straight in the post-lockout AHL. They look to make it five against a St. John’s team which has struggled recently.
Referee(s): Trevor Hanson / Chris Cozzan
Linesmen: Bob Fyrer / John Everett
Fan Bloggers: @nafsnep
Television: AHL Live
Other Game to Watch: Providence is in Manchester. One point separates these teams in the Atlantic Division.
Next Five Games: @ RCH 1/25, @ TOR 1/26, MCH 2/1, ADK 2/2, @ HER 2/3
Comments are closed.