- I still don't know how I feel about this. I guess we'll find out when I read, "(Player) is day-to-day with a lower body injury." 9 hours ago
- One thing I have learned this summer is that any team in any league in any sport will divulge an injury to its player. But still not hockey. 9 hours ago
- RT @LVPhantoms: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms have agreed to terms with free agent LW Austin Fyten on an AHL two-way contract 9 hours ago
- Mets win! Mets win! Mets win! http://t.co/uGpumDuAvi 11 hours ago
- RT @pgammo: Er1 [.S aq B,/6sxtx/,a.,.,,,,.,scrdz 11 hours ago
- I just threw ~600 words together on why I think AHL West is a bad idea. Now whether to publish to blog. 15 hours ago
- Sorry, I have to stop throwing stones. Bad, @nafsnep, bad! 16 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
I Gotta Get My Eat-On
January 23, 2013Posted by on
Announced this morning out of the blue that the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins have signed NHL veteran Mark Eaton to a PTO.
Eaton is 35 year old defenseman who played four seasons for the Pittsburgh Penguins from 2006-2010 and spent the last two seasons with the New York Islanders.
I am interested on the back story with this signing because the second I heard that the Penguins made this move, I was instantly skeptical. Eaton’s AHL days are clearly behind him, having last skated in this league with the Grand Rapids Griffins in 2004-05. He was a free agent and not on an NHL roster or even the radar of one. That’s why this move by the Penguins makes me scratch my head.
Before I jump to a conclusion on this, let’s see how this story develops…
Gameday vs. St. John’s will be up on the blog at 3 p.m.
Comments are closed.