- RT @ericrsports: Curious where last season's @TheAHL players have headed for next season? Here's a handy list I've made up: http://t.co/Yd8… 3 hours ago
- Too many cooks in the kitchen… 5 hours ago
- Andy's kid just went yard at his dad's old workplace. 19 hours ago
- The problem with officiating at any level is that the men in charge of the rules rarely have to answer for their actions on the field. 20 hours ago
- So wait. Dodger pitcher plunks two Bucs. Buc pitcher plunks one Dodger and gets turfed. What the hell, blue? 20 hours ago
- I bought a boat. #boatlife instagram.com/p/qxci7qRRdC/ 22 hours ago
- RT @davesottile: RT @championshockey: Transfer alert: @LHChockey signed American forward Jeff Taffe (33). Taffe recorded over 500 points in… 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
I Gotta Get My Eat-On
January 23, 2013Posted by on
Announced this morning out of the blue that the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins have signed NHL veteran Mark Eaton to a PTO.
Eaton is 35 year old defenseman who played four seasons for the Pittsburgh Penguins from 2006-2010 and spent the last two seasons with the New York Islanders.
I am interested on the back story with this signing because the second I heard that the Penguins made this move, I was instantly skeptical. Eaton’s AHL days are clearly behind him, having last skated in this league with the Grand Rapids Griffins in 2004-05. He was a free agent and not on an NHL roster or even the radar of one. That’s why this move by the Penguins makes me scratch my head.
Before I jump to a conclusion on this, let’s see how this story develops…
Gameday vs. St. John’s will be up on the blog at 3 p.m.
Comments are closed.