- But I can see the reasoning. Gamer is near done. 350 words. Not bad for a guy that didn’t listen and watched here and there. 11 hours ago
- Laughable that Utica didn’t award Peter Mannino a star tonight. They went DeFazio (game tying goal) O’Reilly (shootout GWG) & Eriksson 32/33 11 hours ago
- Heading home. Blog’ll be up before midnight. 11 hours ago
- Albany and Providence with 69 pts. in 6 and 7. Pens’ll have 68 in 8th. Hershey, barring an implosion, will have 9th with 67 pts. 11 hours ago
- Albany yaks up a big lead again but manages to win in shootout. Worcester beats Providence in one too. St. John’s wins in regulation v BRI 12 hours ago
- However, a pack of rabid dogs make up the non-division leaders. Pens may settle 7-8-9 tonight, depending on other finals. 12 hours ago
- Pens’ll pick up the point, with Norfolk losing 3-1 at home to the Bears, WBS will get to w/in 2 of the East lead. 12 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
I Gotta Get My Eat-On
January 23, 2013Posted by on
Announced this morning out of the blue that the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins have signed NHL veteran Mark Eaton to a PTO.
Eaton is 35 year old defenseman who played four seasons for the Pittsburgh Penguins from 2006-2010 and spent the last two seasons with the New York Islanders.
I am interested on the back story with this signing because the second I heard that the Penguins made this move, I was instantly skeptical. Eaton’s AHL days are clearly behind him, having last skated in this league with the Grand Rapids Griffins in 2004-05. He was a free agent and not on an NHL roster or even the radar of one. That’s why this move by the Penguins makes me scratch my head.
Before I jump to a conclusion on this, let’s see how this story develops…
Gameday vs. St. John’s will be up on the blog at 3 p.m.
Comments are closed.