- We have to do something to change this. Tomorrow we take the first step. #digdeep http://t.co/PAyqRlifjf 7 hours ago
- 24 hours. #digdeep 8 hours ago
- Just scheduled the Gameday setup for Game 1 tomorrow, chock full of good stuff. If you missed it, my preview here: wp.me/sZJgR-14ccqf 11 hours ago
- RT @TheAHL: Prep for #BNGvsWBS with a series snapshot: bit.ly/1k9Zaur and by using #CalderCup! @BSens_Hockey @WBSPenguins http://t.… 11 hours ago
- WBS means business this year. RT @jsteph27: Playoff time #Digdeep http://t.co/ka80AFADhL 14 hours ago
- Public Square knows what's up. #digdeep http://t.co/ZfcNdQKpcP 14 hours ago
- RT @WBSPenguins: TRANSACTION: Jean-Sebastien Dea, Matia Marcantuoni and Clark Seymour have been released today by WBS. 15 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
January 23, 2013Posted by on
Let’s party like it’s 1999.
All-time leading scorer, Tom Kostopoulos is back with the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins. He signed a PTO.
News like this spread like wildfire. The Penguins tweeted it, Facebooked it, sent out a text alert on it, an e-mail on it and a push notification on the iPhone app. I’m sure it’s all over the topics of conversation between anyone who’s ever been to a Penguins game in their life that still has a passing interest in the team, too.
I wasn’t around for Kostopoulos’ reign with Wilkes-Barre, so this will be my first time seeing him.
With the signing of Mark Eaton earlier today and now the announcement of Kostopoulos, something is up.
Here’s my guesses in random order:
1) A ticket bump to get lost fans back with the signing of a familiar name.
2) Veteran players to help get Wilkes-Barre back into playoff contention. Wilkes-Barre hasn’t missed playoffs in years. Why start now? You know what you are getting in signing guys like Eaton / Kostopoulos.
3) Mentoring younger guys.
4) Working their way back into game shape and use a few games to show NHL GMs that they still “have it.”
In fact, as I was typing this, Jonathan Bombulie followed up with his own blog entry eluding to my fourth point of speculation, which makes the most sense when you sit and think about it.
Neither will dress vs. St. John’s tonight. You can meet them tonight between 6 and 6:30 at the East Gate. With the Penguins hitting the road for Rochester and Toronto this weekend, then the All-Star break, you have to think Eaton / Kostopoulos are going to be around for a while.
Don’t forget about St. John’s tonight. Recap here on the blog tonight.
Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.