- Five teams didn’t move at all this week. They will be out Monday at 4. Good night. 1 hour ago
- Just scheduled the Week 23 AHL Power Rankings for 4 p.m. Monday at the blog. A team I like to talk about a bunch jumped up the highest. 1 hour ago
- Updated the game story with the @sendto_AHL package. Pens beat Marlies in shootout, win 4-3: wp.me/pZJgR-1NQ 2 hours ago
- Huge game Saturday night looming for both clubs. Norfolk pwns (yes, pwns) Wilkes-Barre at the Mohegan Sun Arena. 5 hours ago
- Penguins and Admirals tied for division lead. Norfolk has the tie breaker and lead the division. 5 hours ago
- Three stars: 3) T. Smith 2) D. MacIntyre 1) N. Drazenovic. 5 hours ago
- 5 out of 6 points for the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins this weekend. Bang biscuit. 5 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Over the Hump and Out the Door
February 20, 2013Posted by on
Also in the release from the Penguins, was the announcement that D Mark Eaton was released from his PTO. Eaton was then spotted in Pittsburgh’s morning skate. He hasn’t signed yet with the Penguins.
Eaton didn’t set the world on fire when he was with Wilkes-Barre. He played six games, had one assist and was a -5. His departure eliminates the veteran overload for the Penguins.
With Eaton out of the picture, the McNeill recall makes sense if Alex Grant can’t go in this weekend’s three in three.
My final thought about Eaton is that if he does sign with Pittsburgh, the Penguins would then have eight defensemen on the roster. Only Simon Despres could come back to the Penguins without having to clear waivers. I wouldn’t rule out that actually coming to fruition.
Unless there is roster movement or I get another crazy stat breakdown idea that jumps into my head, look for the next blog update on Friday, which is the gameday setup for that night’s game in Philadelphia vs. Adirondack.
Comments are closed.