- Five teams didn’t move at all this week. They will be out Monday at 4. Good night. 9 hours ago
- Just scheduled the Week 23 AHL Power Rankings for 4 p.m. Monday at the blog. A team I like to talk about a bunch jumped up the highest. 9 hours ago
- Updated the game story with the @sendto_AHL package. Pens beat Marlies in shootout, win 4-3: wp.me/pZJgR-1NQ 10 hours ago
- Huge game Saturday night looming for both clubs. Norfolk pwns (yes, pwns) Wilkes-Barre at the Mohegan Sun Arena. 13 hours ago
- Penguins and Admirals tied for division lead. Norfolk has the tie breaker and lead the division. 13 hours ago
- Three stars: 3) T. Smith 2) D. MacIntyre 1) N. Drazenovic. 13 hours ago
- 5 out of 6 points for the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins this weekend. Bang biscuit. 13 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
GAMEDAY @ Adirondack 2/22
February 22, 2013Posted by on
Away Game: 25
AHL Game: 765
Who: Adirondack Phantoms
Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
When: 7:00 p.m.
Last Game: Sunday vs. Syracuse, the Penguins were shutout at home 3-0. For Adirondack, they played Sunday in Springfield and had the game suspended due to an injury to Springfield’s Wade MacLeod.
Last Meeting: February 2 in Wilkes-Barre, the Penguins won 3-0. Warren Peters had two goals and Brad Thiessen had a 20 save shutout.
Record: For WBS: 26-22-2-1 (55 pts., 3rd place East Division) — For ADK: 20-25-2-1 (43 pts., 5th place Northeast Division)
Why you should care: The Penguins take to the road to start the weekend against non-divisional opponents, which the Penguins have enjoyed great success against. They are neck and neck with Hershey for third in the division. A bad points weekend may completely put the division race out of reach. A great start and a strong finish is a must against the Phantoms, who will be playing on the parent team Flyers home ice.
Referee(s): Chris Cozzan / Ryan Fraser
Linesmen: Bob Fyrer / Jud Ritter
Fan Bloggers: @nafsnep
Television: AHL Live
Other Game to Watch: Hershey is in Binghamton tonight. Are the B-Sens contenders or pretenders? Are the Bears going to make a push for the division lead? Those questions look to be answered on the Southern Tier tonight.
Next Five Games: CT 2/23, @ BRI 2/24, NOR 2/27, HER 3/1, ALB 3/2
Comments are closed.