- I still don't know how I feel about this. I guess we'll find out when I read, "(Player) is day-to-day with a lower body injury." 17 hours ago
- One thing I have learned this summer is that any team in any league in any sport will divulge an injury to its player. But still not hockey. 17 hours ago
- RT @LVPhantoms: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms have agreed to terms with free agent LW Austin Fyten on an AHL two-way contract 17 hours ago
- Mets win! Mets win! Mets win! http://t.co/uGpumDuAvi 19 hours ago
- RT @pgammo: Er1 [.S aq B,/6sxtx/,a.,.,,,,.,scrdz 19 hours ago
- I just threw ~600 words together on why I think AHL West is a bad idea. Now whether to publish to blog. 23 hours ago
- Sorry, I have to stop throwing stones. Bad, @nafsnep, bad! 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
GAMEDAY: vs. Connecticut 2/23
February 23, 2013Posted by on
Home Game: 27
AHL Game: 786
Who: Connecticut Whale
Where: Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
When: 7:05 p.m.
Last Game: Last night in Philadelphia against the Phantoms the Penguins came back and won 2-1. Brad Thiessen stopped 29 of 30 and was named first star of the game. For Connecticut, they hosted St. John’s on Wednesday and lost 5-1. Andrew Yogan scored the only goal for the Whale.
Last Meeting: January 6 in Hartford, the Pens were shutout 2-0.
Record: For WBS: 27-22-2-1 (57 pts., 3rd place East Division) — For CT: 25-22-4-2 (56 pts., 2nd place Northeast Division)
Why you should care: Penguins play their only home game this weekend in the middle of a three in three. They want to keep things rolling in front of a sold out crowd which is on TV.
Referee(s): Trent Knorr
Linesmen: Scott Adams / Jud Ritter
Fan Bloggers: @nafsnep
Television: AHL Live / MyNetwork TV (local in Wilkes-Barre)
Other Game to Watch: Syracuse hosts the Springfield Falcons in what can easily be an Eastern Conference Finals preview.
Promotion(s): Military Appreciation Night – Penguins Dog Tags Giveaway (first 5,000 fans)
Next Five Games: @ BRI 2/24, NOR 2/27, HER 3/1, ALB 3/2, @ PRO 3/8
Comments are closed.