- Snapsterpieces. That's a new one… 6 hours ago
- What the hell is a 'bae' ?? -- If it's what I think, there's one by Chesapeake, and you spelled it wrong... 22 hours ago
- Groundscrew is acutally two words. Grounds. Crew. Duly noted. 1 day ago
- Surprised that with the garbage on TV these days it hasn't been thought of. If you are in TV and this inspires you, thank me later. 1 day ago
- I find it fascinating the work that goes into keeping a baseball field in pristine condition, day after day, game after game. 1 day ago
- Would you watch a TV documentary about a MLB groundscrew's day to day care and upkeep of a field at a big league ball park? I would. 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
A Captain, A Blog, A Poll, and A Move
February 26, 2013Posted by on
The Penguins have a Captain. Finally. As reported by Jonathan Bombulie this afternoon, Joey Mormina was named 18th captain in Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins history.
In my analysis, long overdue for the Penguins, who at times lacked a direction in my opinion especially in the month of December. We’ll see how this goes with Mormina wearing the “C” for the rest of the season.
In the news from Jonathan about Mormina’s election to the captaincy, was an update on Chris Collins and Alex Grant who are ready to go tomorrow vs. Norfolk. We are getting bodies back.
Speaking of bodies, Mark Eaton was signed by Pittsburgh on Monday. This gives Pittsburgh an overage of defensemen on the roster. One of those defensemen is Simon Despres, who does not require waivers to be assigned back to Wilkes-Barre. So I present another poll question:
Blog reader JC was in Bridgeport and sent me some video of the shootout round from Sunday. Everybody talks about Jayson Megna using the “Datsyuk move” so here it is. Thanks to JC for sending this into the blog.
Finally, I was informed this afternoon that this very blog was featured today on PA Live! as the nepablogs.org “blog of the week” – all I can say is “Wow” as I didn’t ask to be featured and didn’t enter a contest to be featured yet the blog was on television this afternoon. If I get a link of the video I will toss it up here or mention it on Twitter or Facebook. I thank Harold Jenkins from nepablogs for featuring me. Nice to know that this hobby I call a blog gets recognition on television and elsewhere.
Update: Here is the video that ran on PA Live! in case you missed it, like I almost did.
Gameday for tomorrow’s contest vs. Norfolk will be up on the blog at 3 p.m. tomorrow. Let’s Go Pens!!
Comments are closed.