- Yard work, a cigar & nice weather has delayed the final AHL Power Rankings. Sat outside & hammered out the capsules. They'll be up soon. 1 hour ago
- RT @seanshapiro: #AHL president comments on potential pacific division wrongsideoftheredline.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/ahl… @PPPSHOW @nafsnep @RampageNate @tweetneal 4 hours ago
- ICYMI: Pens lose 2-0 dressing all ATO lineup, get Binghamton Round 1. My words here: wp.me/pZJgR-1S8 7 hours ago
- Another year, another Hap Holmes award. Congrats to Hartzell and Deslauriers for the accomplishment. 7 hours ago
- RT @AHLPR: Deslauriers, Hartzell of the @WBSPenguins capture Harry "Hap" Holmes Award for @TheAHL team goaltending | bit.ly/QxawOE 7 hours ago
- Happy Easter puck heads! Time to grow a playoff beard! 7 hours ago
- Here’s my final draft on the WBS 2-0 loss in Utica: wp.me/pZJgR-1S8 18 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Mish Mash Too Cold to Take a Bath
November 26, 2013Posted by on
Tons of stuff to catch up on here Tuesday afternoon…
– Brian Gibbons is back. Re-assigned this morning.
– Up top, Beau Bennett is out 8-10 weeks with a broken wrist. Tanner Glass is out with a broken hand. That’s why the demotion of Gibbons is head scratching to me.
– Here’s some nice words from Pittsburgh on Andrew Ebbett. In that, you’ll also find that Paul Martin is out with a lower body injury.
So where does that leave Wilkes-Barre?
– Carter Rowney was recalled from Wheeling today.
– Peter Merth and Pierre Leblond practiced today, from the Tuesday Bombulie update.
Jonathan really has things covered in his offering today. He mentions that a forward could still go back up tomorrow as well as Simon Despres because of Paul Martin’s injury and that Despres uses his right frame of mind.*
Oh, and Matt D’Agostini is on waivers. If no one claims him, he could end up on the ice with the Penguins tomorrow in Glens Falls, NY.
Three other things before I wrap it up. Remember the big hit in Saturday’s game Tom Kuhnhackl took by J.C. Lipon of St. John’s? Lipon was suspended two games as a result by the AHL today….Zack Torquato was named ECHL Player of the Week for the Wheeling Nailers. Torquato is on an ECHL only deal, meaning he can sign with any AHL team. He was in Wilkes-Barre camp last season if I remember correctly…..There is a new ECHL team which will take the ice for the 2014-2015 season. They are the Indy Fuel. They’ll probably face Wheeling a few times next season.
Depending if there is a call up to Pittsburgh tomorrow and the time it happens, I might have a few words on it. If not, Gameday for tomorrow’s game in Glens Falls vs. the Phantoms will be up at 3 p.m.
* – alright, it’s a terrible joke. Left handed people use the right side of their brain. Righties use their left side. So you’ll hear the joke from left handed people that they are always “in the right frame of mind”… I’ll be here all week. Try the veal….