- Andy's kid just went yard at his dad's old workplace. 9 hours ago
- The problem with officiating at any level is that the men in charge of the rules rarely have to answer for their actions on the field. 9 hours ago
- So wait. Dodger pitcher plunks two Bucs. Buc pitcher plunks one Dodger and gets turfed. What the hell, blue? 10 hours ago
- I bought a boat. #boatlife instagram.com/p/qxci7qRRdC/ 11 hours ago
- RT @davesottile: RT @championshockey: Transfer alert: @LHChockey signed American forward Jeff Taffe (33). Taffe recorded over 500 points in… 1 day ago
- I would love to watch the whole game, because the @SNYtv broadcast is criminally underrated. But the alarm for work goes off at 6:50 am 1 day ago
- Let's see how many more innings of @Mets baseball I can watch before I watch me favorite movie called, "the back of my eyeballs" 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Week 15 AHL Power Rankings
January 13, 2014Posted by on
Here at the Chirps from Center Ice Power Rankings Politboro, if you run down and catch a team that was way out in front of you a few weeks ago, you get massive brownie points. Also, if you lead your division by a wide sum, you get much consideration.
I am talking about your Texas Stars, your new number one this week, and your Grand Rapids Griffins, who lead the Midwest Division by 10 points, the biggest margin in the AHL. The Stars overtake Abbotsford for first in the West with a win Friday against the Heat. The Heat were obliterating everything in its path a few weeks ago.
Are the Grand Rapids Griffins better than four teams in the East Division? They lead their division by 10 points and until each team plays the other in a season we may never know.
The Norfolk Admirals are the most overrated team in the Rankings this week. Hershey is on a tear. Binghamton and Wilkes-Barre have both led the East Division for weeks now, yet the Politboro says they remain third.
The aforementioned Griffins and your Syracuse Crunch are the biggest risers this week, up 8 spots. The Springfield Falcons and Lake Erie Monsters are both down 10 spots from last week.
Alright, enough talking. If you didn’t link in direct, jump through to see where everyone else ended up.
Norfolk fans! Special challenge this week! Defend your #3 Ranking!
And if anyone else is unhappy with where their team is ranked, hit the comments section.