- I don't know about you, but I am getting excited for more Premier League this weekend. Foxes go for their first win against the Blues. #LCFC 18 hours ago
- Don't all teams that go belly up initially say that they are going to come back next year? When do Columbia Inferno tickets go on sale? 20 hours ago
- I'm still not buying it. That arena in Thunder Bay hasn't even been built yet that I know. Like, no shovels in the ground. 20 hours ago
- RT @HowlingsToday: CANTLON’S CORNER: HOW THE WEST WAS BUILT wp.me/p2kkud-81S 20 hours ago
- I still don't know how I feel about this. I guess we'll find out when I read, "(Player) is day-to-day with a lower body injury." 1 day ago
- One thing I have learned this summer is that any team in any league in any sport will divulge an injury to its player. But still not hockey. 1 day ago
- RT @LVPhantoms: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms have agreed to terms with free agent LW Austin Fyten on an AHL two-way contract 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Week 15 AHL Power Rankings
January 13, 2014Posted by on
Here at the Chirps from Center Ice Power Rankings Politboro, if you run down and catch a team that was way out in front of you a few weeks ago, you get massive brownie points. Also, if you lead your division by a wide sum, you get much consideration.
I am talking about your Texas Stars, your new number one this week, and your Grand Rapids Griffins, who lead the Midwest Division by 10 points, the biggest margin in the AHL. The Stars overtake Abbotsford for first in the West with a win Friday against the Heat. The Heat were obliterating everything in its path a few weeks ago.
Are the Grand Rapids Griffins better than four teams in the East Division? They lead their division by 10 points and until each team plays the other in a season we may never know.
The Norfolk Admirals are the most overrated team in the Rankings this week. Hershey is on a tear. Binghamton and Wilkes-Barre have both led the East Division for weeks now, yet the Politboro says they remain third.
The aforementioned Griffins and your Syracuse Crunch are the biggest risers this week, up 8 spots. The Springfield Falcons and Lake Erie Monsters are both down 10 spots from last week.
Alright, enough talking. If you didn’t link in direct, jump through to see where everyone else ended up.
Norfolk fans! Special challenge this week! Defend your #3 Ranking!
And if anyone else is unhappy with where their team is ranked, hit the comments section.