- RT @caitlinchris: @nafsnep "Delay of game: puck over glass" = automatic 2 minute minor. IMO, on par or worse. 20 minutes ago
- The blocking the plate in baseball rule is singlehandedly the worst rule in sports. The worst. 26 minutes ago
- Cardiac Penguins = only every season, man. 1 hour ago
- The Greatest Show on Turf and Orange Crush are some of my favorite football nicknames. 1 hour ago
- RT @SYRTylerP: @nafsnep @saunders1407 Phi Slama Jama 1 hour ago
- RT @210Darryl: Gashouse Gang MT @nafsnep @saunders1407 Nice. Anyone else?RT @saunders1407: @nafsnep Purple People Eaters, Steel Curtain... 1 hour ago
- Nice. Anyone else?RT @saunders1407: @nafsnep Purple People Eaters, Steel Curtain, Monsters of the Midway 1 hour ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Preview of Coming Attractions…
June 24, 2014Posted by on
So here is what I expect to happen this week…
I blog now about the lack of news on Coal Street (the end of June isn’t exactly the best time for blog clicks) and how there hasn’t been a single Penguin to bolt for overseas and a bunch of other AHL news and comings and goings.
Watch, this week, we will have our first defection. Or not, who knows.
Anyway, there isn’t much out there, but while you are here….
– Pittsburgh still doesn’t have a coach and it doesn’t look like John Hynes will get the job.
– Norfolk needs a new bench boss as Trent Yawney was promoted to Anaheim. This leaves Norfolk and Hershey both looking for head coaches for the Fall in the East Division as it stands now. Lehigh Valley is a lock to join the East come November, but nothing has been finalized on that front yet.
I advocated strongly for Hynes to get the Pittsburgh job, but now want him to stay.
– The following is week old news, but Pittsburgh does plan to qualify restricted Free Agents Bobby Farnham, Brandon Sutter, Jayson Megna, Philip Samuelsson and Simon Despres. Whether one or all re-sign with Pittsburgh remains to be seen.
– It cost the St. John’s IceCaps a ton to lose in five games to the Texas Stars in the Calder Cup Finals. No, literally.
– Developing Penguin Killer Dustin Gazley re-upped with Hershey.
– Wheeling and Pittsburgh already have their schedules for next year. On Wheeling, and the ECHL, they announced divisional realignment and a bunch of other things including hybrid icing Tuesday.
– NHL Draft is this weekend from Philadelphia and Free Agency starts July 1.
On the draft, I’ll have a recap of who Pittsburgh drafted probably this weekend. My “recap” is basically links to those who have heard of the players selected. On Free Agency, I haven’t decided what I am going to do for that, probably a live blog of sorts like I have in years past along with blog updates as long as long as the situation warrants.
See you tomorrow when the first Penguin bolts overseas to Yikhalvisk Nihmkahbortchalfski of the Borat League because I jinxed it.