- But I can see the reasoning. Gamer is near done. 350 words. Not bad for a guy that didn’t listen and watched here and there. 1 hour ago
- Laughable that Utica didn’t award Peter Mannino a star tonight. They went DeFazio (game tying goal) O’Reilly (shootout GWG) & Eriksson 32/33 1 hour ago
- Heading home. Blog’ll be up before midnight. 1 hour ago
- Albany and Providence with 69 pts. in 6 and 7. Pens’ll have 68 in 8th. Hershey, barring an implosion, will have 9th with 67 pts. 2 hours ago
- Albany yaks up a big lead again but manages to win in shootout. Worcester beats Providence in one too. St. John’s wins in regulation v BRI 2 hours ago
- However, a pack of rabid dogs make up the non-division leaders. Pens may settle 7-8-9 tonight, depending on other finals. 2 hours ago
- Pens’ll pick up the point, with Norfolk losing 3-1 at home to the Bears, WBS will get to w/in 2 of the East lead. 2 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Frequently Asked Questions
So what is this all about?
Well, for starters, it’s a blog about the American Hockey League’s Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins. I am a fan with an itch to write. I also know how to use technology and am able to communicate that into what you see here.
What can I expect here?
Gameday previews about the opponent and postgame recaps memorializing the game. During the week or offseason, news and notes from around the AHL and teams in the Penguins Division. (Binghamton Senators, Hershey Bears, Norfolk Admirals, Syracuse Crunch)
Do you do this for a living?
No. I work in a big box and push paper for my actual career. And no, journalism is not my career. I have no training, college or otherwise, in that field. I watch the actual journalists (Jonathan Bombulie and Tom Venesky in Wilkes-Barre, Tim Leone in Hershey, Mike Fornabaio in Bridgeport, etc.) and try to mimic and blend each style into what you see here.
Where else can I find you?
I am pretty much everywhere nowadays.
Do you have any interests outside of hockey?
I have always been intrigued by baseball from the journalistic approach. Much slower action and you really need to pay attention. I used to like NASCAR and still watch occassionally. I also like soccer, or appropriately, football. I watch MLS soccer matches from time to time. I like to travel, but find most of my traveling is done during the hockey season to opposing cities. Besides sport and travel, I enjoy fine cigars and have a thing for redheaded women.
I have more questions I want to ask you.
Okay. Drop me an e-mail: email@example.com anytime, day or night.
“Let’s Go Pens!”