- Third time in as many days I have been hit up for change in Wilkes-Barre. What the hell? This never used to happen. 2 hours ago
- Snapsterpieces. That's a new one… 2 days ago
- What the hell is a 'bae' ?? -- If it's what I think, there's one by Chesapeake, and you spelled it wrong... 3 days ago
- Groundscrew is acutally two words. Grounds. Crew. Duly noted. 3 days ago
- Surprised that with the garbage on TV these days it hasn't been thought of. If you are in TV and this inspires you, thank me later. 3 days ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Frequently Asked Questions
So what is this all about?
Well, for starters, it’s a blog about the American Hockey League’s Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins. I am a fan with an itch to write. I also know how to use technology and am able to communicate that into what you see here.
What can I expect here?
Gameday previews about the opponent and postgame recaps memorializing the game. During the week or offseason, news and notes from around the AHL and teams in the Penguins Division. (Binghamton Senators, Hershey Bears, Norfolk Admirals, Syracuse Crunch)
Do you do this for a living?
No. I work in a big box and push paper for my actual career. And no, journalism is not my career. I have no training, college or otherwise, in that field. I watch the actual journalists (Jonathan Bombulie and Tom Venesky in Wilkes-Barre, Tim Leone in Hershey, Mike Fornabaio in Bridgeport, etc.) and try to mimic and blend each style into what you see here.
Where else can I find you?
I am pretty much everywhere nowadays.
Do you have any interests outside of hockey?
I have always been intrigued by baseball from the journalistic approach. Much slower action and you really need to pay attention. I used to like NASCAR and still watch occassionally. I also like soccer, or appropriately, football. I watch MLS soccer matches from time to time. I like to travel, but find most of my traveling is done during the hockey season to opposing cities. Besides sport and travel, I enjoy fine cigars and have a thing for redheaded women.
I have more questions I want to ask you.
Okay. Drop me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org anytime, day or night.
“Let’s Go Pens!”