I offer the following post with no links. Everyone mentioned here is on Twitter. If you want to know more about a specific person, just mention me on Twitter, leave a comment on the blog or e-mail me.
Sent out a lot of “Thank You’s” on Twitter last night after the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins bowed out of the Calder Cup Playoffs 3-2 to the St. John’s IceCaps. If you don’t tweet you should, and follow me for Penguins banter.
In keeping with last night’s thank you’s the Twitter way, here it goes again:
Thank you to:
- The Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins on a hell of a thirteenth season.
- Brian Coe, Jill Heller, Josh McCorkle and the rest of the WBS Penguins front office employees for putting up with an over the top Penguins fan in me with a Twitter and a blog.
- Mike O’Brien and Jonathan Bombulie on the media side for letting an insurance adjuster (me) come swim in their pool trying to act like local media.
- Jason Chaimovitch and the braintrust in Springfield at AHL headquarters for the excellent work in keeping me informed so I can pretend like I know what I am talking about and again, act like I am a part of media.
Outside of WBS and the league she plays in, thanks to these people in other markets:
- Tim Leone in Hershey. I try to emulate the wit on Twitter after him. I’ve learned that if you use Hershey as your benchmark, you are learning from the absolute best.
- Michael Fornabaio in Bridgeport who is the inspiration for Chirps from Center Ice. What you read here with links and such was basically stolen from Mr. Fornabaio. He is another whom I try to emulate myself after on Twitter.
- Joy Lindsay in Binghamton. With blogging and tweeting, I’ve yet to find another beat writer who works harder than this woman. She’ll never beat me in tweeting starting goalies, though.
- Scott Stuccio in Hershey, voice of the Bears. Even though he hopped enemy lines and now bleeds Chocolate and White instead of Black and Gold you will never find a classier person at this level.
- Bob Howard in Binghamton who runs the Power Play Post Show who had me on twice this season playing radio.
- Patrick Williams who, despite being “called up” and covering the St. John’s IceCaps parent team, the Winnipeg Jets, was a huge help to a nobody (me) when I was first starting Twitter and the blog. The AHL really doesn’t have a well known observer of the sport anymore. A casual observer, if it were. Patrick Williams was that. I miss his insights on this league on a daily basis.
Good luck to Brendan McCarthy, Mark Andrews, Charlie Dart, Charles Pickett and the St. John’s IceCaps. Pete Michaud, Keith Phillips, Scott, Charlene and Kim and the Norfolk Admirals.
Good luck to Sherry and the Toronto Marlies and Eric Rodgers and the Oklahoma City Barons.
Other thanks has to go to Chris Roy from the Maine Hockey Journal, Darryl Hunt from Worcester, Tim McManus in Adirondack with Bob Rotruck, blog pals the Third Intermission out in Houston, 100 Degree Hockey in Cedar Park, Phil Giubileo, voice of the Sound Tigers, Keith Wozniak and LetsGoAmerks, Tracey Lake in Albany (and I guess Amy, too) my Hershey blog friends Sweetest Hockey run by Kyle and Kathryn, Cam Tucker and Dan Kinvig in Abbotsford, Nathan Mallett in San Antonio, the Admirals Roundtable who is, in my opinion, the number one AHL fan blog out there. Thanks to Mike Lappan and Jenni in Charlotte who runs Chasing Checkers. I miss the Checkers in Wilkes-Barre. More thanks to the biggest WBS fan in Toronto, Lindsey, Shawn Rine in Wheeling who covers the ECHL affiliate of the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins, Wheeling Nailers, like a snuggie. Brian Ring in Hartford, Dave Eminian and the guy who runs the Rivermen Fan Blog, MJ and Allovimo in Syracuse, the braintrust behind Chairman How’s Glorious Army. Mike Kelly, voice of the Springfield Falcons and Katharine there too. Dave Sottile in the Harrisburg area, Kate Krenzer with the Binghamton Senators, Carmine Vetrano, Stephen Nelson, late of Rockford. Jeff Green in Hamilton, Justin Walden and color commentator of the Bears Randy “Rock” Johnson. Justin Cohn in Fort Wayne, home of the Central League Champion Komets.
This line dedicated to Sue Johnson in Bridgeport, who gave this writer his first ever press credential in Bridgeport this season.
Thanks to my Pittsburgh contingents Oz, who runs Pens News Feed, Eric P from the Wilkes-Blog, Zach Boslett and Jesse Marshall from Faceoff Factor and Eric Majeski who did this before it was cool.
Many thanks also to the Wilkes-Barre contingent of the fan blogosphere, Butch Petit and Brent who runs PensFans4Ever and Tony Androckitis at Highland Park Hockey.
Most importantly, thank you, the fan, for coming here and reading this and interacting with me on Twitter. I maintain that I would still do this even if it were my mother, my cat and some random guy in Nebraska the only people reading this. That I get people coming here and following me on Twitter is a bonus, really.
I will be back and better than ever in 2012-2013, as I am confident the Penguins will be as well. Check back every now and again this summer for updates on offseason moves regarding the Penguins.
Let’s Go Pens!