- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2022
- Allen’s passion for coaching stems from humility, loyalty
- Monsters’ Bayreuther suspended for two games
- After personal struggles, Ingram’s road finally leads to NHL
- Thunderbirds’ Perunovich named AHL Player of the Week
- Quinn, Peterka providing early excitement in Rochester
- Senators acquire Gambrell from San Jose
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Stefan Elliott and Tobias Lindberg Traded 12/5
December 5, 2018Posted by on
The Pittsburgh Penguins made a trade today that benefitted its AHL team in Wilkes-Barre Wednesday.
Pittsburgh traded forward Tobias Lindberg and defenseman Stefan Elliott to the Ottawa Senators for forward Ben Sexton and defenseman Macoy Erkamps. Also in a separate transaction, Wilkes-Barre acquired forward Ryan Scarfo in a future considerations deal with the Belleville Senators, the AHL affiliate of Ottawa.
On Lindberg, he never really fit and couldn’t make it past the third line here in Wilkes-Barre.
On Elliott, when Pittsburgh traded away Daniel Sprong this week for Marcus Pettersson from Anaheim giving the NHL team nine rostered defensemen, someone in Wilkes-Barre was expendable. Stefan Elliott was that person.
Nothing really jumps off the page at what Wilkes-Barre is getting in return. Ben Sexton is a heart and soul type player that had good numbers in 2016-17 for the Albany Devils. Sexton played with Jarrett Burton and Troy Josephs at Clarkson University. The other two in Erkamps and Scarfo are depth guys that have seen a fair share of ECHL work with Belleville’s affiliate Brampton.
It doesn’t look like a blockbuster trade, but remember that Belleville has been awful for these past two seasons. Call it a change of scenery for all involved.
Comments are closed.