- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2022
- Allen’s passion for coaching stems from humility, loyalty
- Monsters’ Bayreuther suspended for two games
- After personal struggles, Ingram’s road finally leads to NHL
- Thunderbirds’ Perunovich named AHL Player of the Week
- Quinn, Peterka providing early excitement in Rochester
- Senators acquire Gambrell from San Jose
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Bill Guerin Named General Manager of Minnesota Wild
August 21, 2019Posted by on
Usually when things like this happen, it’s the worst kept secret in town. Well on Wednesday, it was made official. Bill Guerin was named the General Manager of the Minnesota Wild.
That news obviously leaves a vacancy now in Wilkes-Barre as the AHL Penguins are without a General Manager, the spot previously filled by Guerin.
My guess for a replacement is Mike Vellucci, the current head coach of the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins. He would make the most logical choice as natural replacement as he had experience in the position with the Charlotte Checkers.
This piece, buried behind a paywall, notes Vellucci as well as Scott Young and Tom Kostopoulos as candidates for the GM position in Wilkes-Barre.
These things normally come about fairly quickly as contingency plans are in place weeks before news becomes official, so we probably won’t have to wait long for the name of the person who will fill the role that Guerin left behind.
– Jeff Taylor has found a home in 2019-20, signing this past Tuesday with the Hartford Wolf Pack. Taylor was a non-tendered restricted free agent Pittsburgh did not qualify.
– If you read the blog last week, you knew about the home dates for the preseason action the Penguins will be participating in, well on Monday they filled us in on the road schedule. Saturday, September 28 in Hershey at 7; Sunday in Allentown against Lehigh Valley at 3:05.
That’s all for now.
Comments are closed.