- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2022
- Allen’s passion for coaching stems from humility, loyalty
- Monsters’ Bayreuther suspended for two games
- After personal struggles, Ingram’s road finally leads to NHL
- Thunderbirds’ Perunovich named AHL Player of the Week
- Quinn, Peterka providing early excitement in Rochester
- Senators acquire Gambrell from San Jose
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
GAMEDAY: vs. Utica 10/12
October 12, 2019Posted by on
Who: Utica Comets
Where: Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
When: 7:05 p.m.
Last Game: For the Penguins, they were in Allentown last night against the Phantoms and lost 4-1. Stefan Noesen scored the only goal for the Penguins. For Utica, the Comets were last in action last Saturday when they opened their season on the road in Binghamton and won 4-3. Bingo scored two goals in the third and three goals on just 22 shots. Reid Boucher scored a pair of goals and assisted on another, Kole Lind had three assists.
Record: For WBS: 1-1-0-0 (2 pts., 5th place Atlantic Division) // For UTI: 1-0-0-0 (2 pts., 5h place North Division)
Referees: Olivier Gouin / Carter Sandlak
Linesmen: Jud Ritter / J.P. Waleski
Why You Should Care: Penguins had a very poor effort last night in Allentown. Utica comes in rested having not played last night. Expect a shakeup on defense for Wilkes-Barre as they host their opener in front of an amped up crowd.
Listen: Nick Hart on the call on WILK.
Promotion(s): The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins open the home portion of their 2019-20 season with a matchup against the Utica Comets. The first 5,000 fans will receive a 2019-20 magnetic schedule, courtesy of Geisinger. It’s also a McDonald’s FAN-Tastic Night, with packages including a ticket to the game, a Penguins hat and McDonald’s meal voucher, starting at just $17.50*
Other Game to Watch: Lehigh Valley and Hershey renew old acquaintances tonight in Allentown for the first of twelve regular season meetings.
Next Five Games: @ HER 10/13, vs. BNG 10/16, @ BRI 10/19, @ BNG 10/23, vs. SA 10/25
* – promo information credit to http://www.wbspenguins.com/promo-schedule/
Comments are closed.