- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2022
- Allen’s passion for coaching stems from humility, loyalty
- Monsters’ Bayreuther suspended for two games
- After personal struggles, Ingram’s road finally leads to NHL
- Thunderbirds’ Perunovich named AHL Player of the Week
- Quinn, Peterka providing early excitement in Rochester
- Senators acquire Gambrell from San Jose
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
March 18, 2021Posted by on
Th Penguins were originally scheduled to host the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on Friday night in front of the first crowd of the 2021 season.
Well, COVID had something to say about this, and Lehigh Valley’s scheduled game with Binghamton on Wednesday was postponed. What was expected was that their game with Wilkes-Barre scheduled for Friday would follow, meaning the two teams would not play on Friday.
Yes, in part. No, in part.
The League announced a lot of COVID related changes Thursday. Two of the cleaner teams, Wilkes-Barre and Syracuse (who had a few dates with Rochester and Utica scrubbed because of COVID) will instead play Friday in Wilkes-Barre.
No word on Sunday’s game against the Phantoms in Allentown, yet.
This all remains silly and I want off this ride already.