- God damn Mets. http://t.co/3lA3NRzDTJ 11 hours ago
- Bravos play infield in. Soft grounder to third. Runner gunned down at home. Runners on the corners. 11 hours ago
- Flores bunts. Now runners on second and third. One out. I still say the Mets manage to lose. 11 hours ago
- Runners on first and second, no one out, bottom nine, Mets trailing 3-2. Let's see how the Metropolitans manage to lose here. 11 hours ago
- Of all the balls d'Arnaud had to hit, he hits to PLATINUM glove winner Andrelton Simmons, and kills the Mets rally. 11 hours ago
- RT @JChaimo: @timleone And a Walton-Grace undercard. 13 hours ago
- RT @timleone: I would decide a Pa. Cup with a @ScottStuccio, @MikeOBrienWBS, @BobRotruck battle royale. thehersheybears.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/sho… 13 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
December 29, 2012Posted by on
Watching the snow fall out my window and took to Twitter and tore into some numbers into the Penguins losing streak. I want to set a benchmark when things get better / get worse, so here’s this offering for you:
In nine games since December 7, the Penguins are 2-6-1-1 and have been outscored 34-18.
Dylan Reese, Zach Sill, Dom Uher, Alex Grant, Steve MacIntyre have appeared in at least one of the last nine games and have no points. Sill, Uher and MacIntyre are not asked to score. Alex Grant floats in and out of the lineup but has been known for his power play abilities.
Simon Despres (1-0-1, 3 GP), Bobby Farnham (1-0-1, 8 GP), Joey Mormina (1-0-1, 4 GP), Robert Bortuzzo (1-0-1, 9 GP) and Philippe Dupuis (0-1-1, 8 GP) all have one point in the nine games. Despres has just come off of an injury.
Brian Dumoulin (1-1-2, 8 GP), Warren Peters (1-1-2, 9 GP) and Jayson Megna (2-0-2, 6 GP) have two points. Philip Samuelsson (1-2-3, 7 GP), Brian Gibbons (0-3-3, 9 GP), Benn Ferriero (1-2-3, 9 GP) have three points in 9 games.
Joe Morrow (0-4-4, 8 GP), Paul Thompson (2-2-4, 8 GP) and Eric Tangradi (1-3-4, 9 GP) have 4 points. Riley Holzapfel (2-3-5, 9 GP), Beau Bennett (0-5-5, 5 GP) and Trevor Smith (3-2-5, 9 GP) have 5 points.
No one has six points.
In the “things that make you go wow” department: Philippe Dupuis and Bobby Farnham have the same amount of points. (Farhnam a goal, Dupuis an assist) — Eric Tangradi only has one goal. Brian Gibbons is cold again (0-3-3) — Beau Bennett has five points and has missed the last four games.
I’m not mathematically advanced enough to give Jeff Zatkoff or Brad Thiessen’s numbers, sorry.
I think the team really misses Beau Bennett. That’s hard for me to say because there is no way in my mind that a rookie could mean so much to his team. I mean, I guess it could (see: Conacher, Cory last year for Norfolk) but in recent memory, a Penguins rookie hasn’t made that much of a difference for a team that they miss him so much.
Regarding tonights game, it is still scheduled for tonight despite the snowfall.
Gameday setup for tonight’s game will be here at 3 p.m.
Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.