- Torrey forged special bond with Andrews’ AHL
- Attard, Christiansen added to All-Star rosters
- Coaches readying for All-Star experience
- Thunderbirds host Islanders in AHLTV Free Game of the Week
- AHL launching mentorship initiative at All-Star Classic
- Weekend notebook: Lashoff, Dumont honored by All-Star captaincy
- Senators announce coaching change
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
It’s the Finnish Line for Brad Thiessen
July 15, 2013Posted by on
Brad Thiessen is moving on to Finland.
After an illustrious four year career with the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins compiling a regular season record of 88-49-12-6, 2.47 GAA and a .906 SV% and a playoff record of 18-16, 2.31 GAA and a .924 SV% Thiessen is heading to HIFK in the Sm-liiga, which is the highest level of professional hockey in Finland. HIFK is a team located in Helsinki, which is the largest city and the capital of Finland.
While not surprising, the writing was on the wall from the start of the season for Thiessen with the arrival and play of Jeff Zatkoff.
Thiessen undoubtedly will go down as one of the best goaltenders to come through Wilkes-Barre and will be never forgotten for his historic Game 6 performance vs. the Providence Bruins in the Eastern Conference Semifinals this year.
I am sure I am not alone in wishing Brad Thiessen the best in his future endeavors.