- Bears, Flyers alumni to battle at Outdoor Classic
- Parallel paths lead Bear and Jones to Bakersfield
- Wolf Pack entrusted with developing Chytil
- Kilrea thankful for AHL Hall of Fame honor
- NHL.com: Subban’s change of fortune inspires others
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2018
- Simpson to play large role with Bears
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Eastern Conference Final Game 2: St. John’s IceCaps (WBS leads 1-0)
May 25, 2014Posted by on
Eastern Conference Final Game 2 — St. John’s IceCaps
AHL Game: M2
Who: St. John’s IceCaps
Where: Mile One Centre
When: 6:00 p.m.*
Series: WBS leads 1-0 (best of seven)
Last Game: Last night in St. John’s, the Penguins got goals from Chuck Kobasew, Conor Sheary and Tom Kostopoulos, 31 saves from Peter Mannino, and a perfect 5-for-5 on the penalty kill as they took Game 1 from the IceCaps 3-2. Andrew Gordon scored twice for the IceCaps in the loss.
What to Watch For: IceCap Improvement. Hey, St. John’s is a hell of a team. They don’t want to go down 0-2 to the Penguins as the series shifts back to Northeastern PA Wednesday. Expect the IceCaps to be better. For the Penguins, they can work on a few things to improve on and have just as good a chance as the IceCaps to bring the series back home 2-0 rather than split 1-1.
Referee(s): Dave Lewis / Trevor Hanson
Linesmen: John Grandt / Jim Vail
Broadcasters: For WBS: Mike O’Brien @MikeOBrienWBS / For STJ: Brian Rodgers
Television: AHL Live
When is Game 3?: Wednesday night in Wilkes-Barre at 7:05 p.m.
* – game played in Newfoundland, Canada, which is 90 minutes ahead of Wilkes-Barre time.
Comments are closed.