- Bears, Flyers alumni to battle at Outdoor Classic
- Parallel paths lead Bear and Jones to Bakersfield
- Wolf Pack entrusted with developing Chytil
- Kilrea thankful for AHL Hall of Fame honor
- NHL.com: Subban’s change of fortune inspires others
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2018
- Simpson to play large role with Bears
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Thursday Tidbits 11/5
November 5, 2015Posted by on
Coupla things to touch on on Thursday.
– Coal Street sent Ty Loney back to Wheeling today. There is a overabundance of talent already here and only so much ice to go around, so instead Loney being a scratch night after night, he was sent to the Nailers to play and to continue to develop. Loney had two assists during his call-up
Loney’s demotion got me to thinking of the depth that the Penguins have. Not too long ago, the Penguins would call up some no namer from someplace that would play three games, go pointless and a -1. He’d get shipped away ten days later and would be an afterthought. Not anymore. There is a plethora of talent down in Wheeling, which remember this year is the sole affiliate of the Pittsburgh and Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins. In the event of an injury to anyone here to a recall made by Pittsburgh, it’s a good quality player being recalled from Wheeling who can and will contribute.
– Barry Goers update. Still lower body, little to no progress. May need surgery. Here’s Seth’s Q&A on the topic with Coach Mike Sullivan from today…[tweet https://twitter.com/CVSethLakso/status/662394687127494656]
The thing about the whole Goers situation is that even if he is healthy, does he even crack the lineup? I don’t think so. Goers is the proverbial eighth defenseman at this point.
Still no updates on defenseman Evan Wardley, who signed in preseason, but came in hurt, and hasn’t been seen or mentioned since. For what it’s worth I asked Seth and Tom if they heard anything.
– The Penguins had this infographic out this morning regarding Matt Murray.[tweet https://twitter.com/WBSPenguins/status/662322307688472576]
There is no sophomore slump and he’s trying to outdo what he did last season. Look out.
Derrick Pouliot practiced today in full and met with media after and was straightforward, honest and contrite regarding his situation from this past weekend:[tweet https://twitter.com/CVSethLakso/status/662339968254287873]
Here’s more, with statements from Jeff Barrett and Sullivan.
Hopefully, we all can move on from this, learn from it and be better people for it.
Pens rematch with St. John’s Friday. The gamely setup hits the blog Friday at 3 p.m.