- Agostino looking forward to ‘the right opportunity’
- Bears, Flyers alumni to battle at Outdoor Classic
- Parallel paths lead Bear and Jones to Bakersfield
- Wolf Pack entrusted with developing Chytil
- Kilrea thankful for AHL Hall of Fame honor
- NHL.com: Subban’s change of fortune inspires others
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2018
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Did You Pay the Gardiner?
October 13, 2016Posted by on
Well, the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins did.
Thursday afternoon, Coal Street announced the signing of Reid Gardiner to an AHL contract for this season.
When I previewed the training cap roster about two weeks ago, I had this to say about Gardiner…
Reid Gardiner – Played with Prince Albert Raiders in the WHL last season. 92 points last year for the Raiders in 71 games. Big strong kid who works hard, is good on the puck and not a defensive liability. Could be a diamond in the rough type player.
Admittedly, it was a shot in the dark by me. We’ve seen several players come in from juniors with gaudy numbers come and go around here. But something about 90 points in juniors isn’t anything to sneeze at.
Now to see if Gardiner can produce when it counts.
Here were the lines in practice today…
Yes, that’s Josh Archibald on the third line wing. He practiced today and could play this weekend.
The AHL Previews are out. Scroll down on the blog if you missed them.
May not have any news Friday. If not, the game day setup for the home opener against Hartford hits the blog Saturday afternoon at 3.
Comments are closed.