- From Grand Rapids to the Garden, Cassidy and Kelly cross paths again
- ‘It’s a privilege’: Love excited to lead Heat
- Griffins’ radio voices wear hearts on their sleeves
- Bears off to promising start
- AHL announces additions to front office
- Crunch’s Huntington named AHL Player of the Week
- Checkers turn to Dalpe for leadership
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
I’d Like to Buy a Vowel: Pens Sign Kevin Czuczman
July 11, 2017Posted by on
I saw the transaction as I was just finishing up listening to the New York Mets get smoked by the Washington Nationals on a lazy July 4 early afternoon.
Being it was a lazy National Holiday, there wasn’t an immediate press release from Pittsburgh or Wilkes-Barre until now, some week later.
Czuczman, a defender, was fifth overall on a bad Manitoba Moose team and led the blue liners in points with 32, a breakout season for the product of Lake Superior State University. I had him ranked #67 on my AHL Big Board.
Hit play on this next tweet for some highlights the Moose put together on him in May.
You may remember him playing for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers two seasons ago.
Oh, and you pronounce it “Churchman.” How do I know this? A deep rooted Twitter search back to February 2015….
His twitter feed made me chuckle too: @GoToCzucz
So now you know.
Comments are closed.