- DiPietro’s game – absent games – sees ‘big strides’
- Bears clinch Kilpatrick Trophy as regular-season champions
- Draisaitl’s 2015 AHL stint ‘best thing that happened to me’
- Lightning, Groulx agree to terms on new contract
- First-year Silver Knights take regular-season division title
- Perfetti to play for Canada at World Championship
- Wolves claim another division crown
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Tuesday Notes 11/7
November 7, 2017Posted by on
A couple of small things to empty out the notebook. I don’t have a notebook, but that’s normally what the writers say when there is a few newsworthy-ish things to touch on before the next big event.
That event for the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins is a Wednesday home date with the Toronto Marlies. The Marlies come in leading the North Division with a 9-3 record. They are virtually identical to the Penguins in percentage (.750), goals for (40) and goals against (Toronto has 25, the Penguins have 28) I could go deeper on this and may, but the idea is to let you know that the Marlies aren’t coming in Wednesday to be a pushover for the Penguins. They are a very good team, as are the Penguins.
The Penguins got some reinforcements back from Pittsburgh in the form of Zach Trotman Tuesday afternoon. Justin Schultz came off injured reserve and is playing Tuesday night against Arizona and scored a goal in his first shift back from his concussion.
News from Penguins practice today from Tom and Tyler:
I asked Tyler about the option to send Taylor to Wheeling to get some reps in, but he indicated that the coaching staff is going slow with him with today only going his second full practice back.
Gameday setup for tomorrow’s matchup against the Marlies will hit the blog Wednesday at 3.
Let’s Go Pens!
Comments are closed.