- DiPietro’s game – absent games – sees ‘big strides’
- Bears clinch Kilpatrick Trophy as regular-season champions
- Draisaitl’s 2015 AHL stint ‘best thing that happened to me’
- Lightning, Groulx agree to terms on new contract
- First-year Silver Knights take regular-season division title
- Perfetti to play for Canada at World Championship
- Wolves claim another division crown
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Roster Moves 12/7
December 7, 2017Posted by on
Here’s what happened today lineup wise throughout the organization:
– Frank Corrado was recalled and Justin Schultz was placed on injured reserve. Mike Sullivan told media that Schultz is week to week with a lower body injury. When I saw the injury, I immediately thought high ankle sprain. Those are inoperable. Sullivan indicated that the injury would not require surgery and you really don’t operate on sprains, so that further confirms my suspicion that it’s a high ankle sprain.
– Greg McKegg cleared waivers. He wasn’t immediately assigned to Wilkes-Barre. Pittsburgh’s roster, with Schultz on IR, McKegg waived and Archibald still here on conditioning, is at 23. So I wouldn’t expect McKegg to be assigned here.
– Sean Maguire will start tomorrow against the Charlotte Checkers, Head Coach Clark Donatello confirmed to Tyler today.
– Finally, as you’ll see when the GameDay setup tomorrow at 3 against Charlotte, the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins have given up seven shorthanded goals this season. That’s the most allowed in the AHL through this week. Warren Foegele, you’ll remember last time Charlotte was in on opening night, scored two of those shorthanded goals. The Penguins will need to keep things simple I think if they want to have success against the Checkers. I guess we all find out together Friday at 7:05.
Comments are closed.