- Thunderbirds’ Peca named AHL Player of the Week
- Goalies, fans stole the show in Laval
- All-Star notebook: Teammates impressed by MVP’s Wolf, Dostal
- Pacific Division wins thrilling All-Star Challenge
- All-Star notebook: Richard soaking in experience
- Eastern Conference takes Skills Competition, 16-10
- Baumgartner honored by AHL Hall of Fame call
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Sorting Through the Paperwork*
December 20, 2017Posted by on
Late Tuesday, there were other moves made effecting the roster here in Wilkes-Barre besides the blockbuster trade involving Michael Leighton covered here Tuesday afternoon.
Made official by Coal Street Wednesday morning, the Penguins recalled Freddie Tiffels and Cody Wydo from Wheeling.
Initially thinking that there was something up impacting Pittsburgh’s roster, it was revealed after practice on Coal Street the following.
Later, Christian Thomas was named to the Team Canada roster for the Spengler Cup. The tournament runs from December 26 through the 31st. You couple this with DiPauli being absent through Christmas and there is the need for the Wydo and Tiffels recalls this morning. Take Bengtsson’s injury and the status of Ethan Prow (no outlet I follow mentioned anything about him today and I didn’t ask) and there is the need for Jeff Taylor’s recall from Monday.
Wilkes-Barre would have two extras at forward and defense if you consider that Bengtsson, Prow, , Thomas, DiPauli, Tom Kostopoulos and Tom Sestito are all unavailable.
There is a possibility that one or two get bounced back to Wheeling for the Nailers games at home this weekend against the Brampton Beast.
I will leave you with Michael Leighton’s media availability after practice. Santa should send Tux a boom mike for Christmas. Sound up for this one if you can.
If nothing happens Thursday, and I don’t expect it to, check back Friday at 3 for the Gameday setup against
Lehigh Valley Binghamton. (thanks Kram for the heads up)
* – it’s what I do everyday at my big boy job of pushing paper. Or painting houses.