- Under-the-radar Todd, Malott powering Moose
- Marlies postponed; Rocket to visit Senators this weekend
- Comets’ Woo enjoying transition to pro game
- Devils’ top pick Holtz to get acclimated in AHL
- Raddysh named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Top line trio powering Condors
- Shutouts and selfies: Swayman makes an impact in Boston
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Troy Josephs Recalled 11/26
November 26, 2018Posted by on
The Wheeling Nailers have scored 41 goals as of November 26, 2018.
Troy Josephs has factored into 44% of them.
The Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins recalled Troy Josephs Monday afternoon. Josephs has 12 goals, 6 assists and 18 points for the Wheeling Nailers. He was the ECHL Player of the Week last week.
A few things on this recall.
– Wilkes-Barre has, at times, struggled offensively. Introducing Josephs back into the lineup may provide enough of an offensive boost that the Penguins desperately need.
– Up top, the Patric Hornqvist concussion may be more of a longer term issue for Pittsburgh thus leaving Garrett Wilson up in the NHL. The Penguins don’t have Tobias Lindberg for a few days and I doubt that Patrick McGrath is the answer for a team that is 2-5-3 in their last ten.
– Troy Josephs may just be too good for the ECHL.
Do I see Josephs as a savior? No. That’s silly. Injecting him on the first line is throwing him in the deep end. Putting him on the fourth line and giving him seven minutes a night is a waste also. Same if he is the thirteenth forward. Can he help? Only one way to find out and that’s this Wednesday in Hershey.
Out the door, a comparison.
Talk to you Wednesday.
Comments are closed.