- Optimism abounds for Admirals in 2021-22
- Gordon not returning to Phantoms in 2021-22
- Copley, Fucale win Hap Holmes Award
- Nedeljkovic comes through for Hurricanes in Game 1
- Ruzicka feeling love from home as he logs NHL debut
- Pacific Division playoff schedule set
- Canucks finishing season with focus on player development
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Cramarossa Traded 11/20
November 20, 2019Posted by on
As I was typing up the part about Jamie Devane getting healthier and not having a spot at the table because of the overage of veterans on the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins this afternoon, I wanted to throw in a line about a potential trade.
I didn’t. It kind of took care of itself a few hours later.
It does and doesn’t take care of the Penguins veteran problem. Knott isn’t a veteran, hell he hasn’t even played a single game in the AHL this season (9 points with the Indy Fuel) so what, if any, impact Knott with have at the AHL level remains to be seen.
Andrew Agozzino, Ryan Haggerty, Jamie Devane, Stefan Noesen, Andreas Martinsen, Kevin Czuczman, Zach Trotman and David Warsofsky are your vets. That’s eight. You can only dress six. Goalies do not count.
It may not be the only shoe to drop, meaning that there may be another trade at some point, but not immediately. The Penguins still have too many veterans. If you had to make me guess, it’s probably down to Martinsen and Devane. I would have thrown in Cramarossa.
More Friday, as needed before.
Comments are closed.