- DiPietro’s game – absent games – sees ‘big strides’
- Bears clinch Kilpatrick Trophy as regular-season champions
- Draisaitl’s 2015 AHL stint ‘best thing that happened to me’
- Lightning, Groulx agree to terms on new contract
- First-year Silver Knights take regular-season division title
- Perfetti to play for Canada at World Championship
- Wolves claim another division crown
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
GAMEDAY: @ Syracuse 2/28
February 28, 2020Posted by on
Who: Syracuse Crunch
Where: Upstate Medical University Arena
When: 7:00 p.m.
Last Game: Wednesday at home, the Penguins were humbled by the Providence Bruins 6-2. Riley Barber scored his first goal as a Penguins since being acquired in a trade with the Laval Rocket. For Syracuse, the Crunch were defeated in overtime Sunday 3-2. The Crunch were up 2-0, but Springfield chipped away and won in overtime.
Last Meeting: The Penguins won 2-0 November 9 in Wilkes-Barre. Andrew Agozzino and Zach Trotman, two players currently not on the team, scored the goals. Casey DeSmith made 35 saves.
Record: For WBS: 27-22-3-5 (62 pts., 6th place Atlantic Division) // For SYR: 26-22-4-5 (61 pts., 4th place North Division)
Referees: Brandon Blandina / Tyson Stewart
Linesmen: Jason Brown / Adam Tobias
Why You Should Care: Penguins have got to do something to break out of this three game slump they are on. Wednesday showed no signs of that stopping, but Syracuse is a different team who has struggled at times with consistency. Good litmus test here against an opponent Wilkes-Barre doesn’t see that often anymore these days.
Listen: Nick Hart on the call on WILK.
Other Game to Watch: I mean all eyes have to be on Springfield who host last place Bridgeport tonight.
Next Five Games: @ HER 2/29, @ BNG 3/6, vs. BRI 3/7, vs. BNG 3/8, @ LV 3/11
Comments are closed.