- I didn't want to start & finish my Pens / B-Sens Series Preview tonight. I started with a sentance, then a paragraph, then I was nearly done 11 hours ago
- Anyway, while I try and recover from that sticker shock, if you missed my Western Conference Playoff Preview: wp.me/pZJgR-1Sm 13 hours ago
- 250 bones for the AHL Live all access package? Come on, NeuLion. 13 hours ago
- First of all Jimmy, it's 12 years. Second of all Jimbo, it's Peter MANNINO. A liiiitle bit of prep never hurts. It's not that hard, James. 14 hours ago
- Jim Coles from WNEP: The Penguins have made the playoffs for 13 yeas straight. The Pens strength is in goal, played by Peter Marino. 14 hours ago
- My Western Confernce Calder Cup Playoff Preview debuts on the blog at noon. East tomorrow. Have a look. 21 hours ago
- RT @Leehads: @nafsnep just in time for the @WBSPenguins playoffs http://t.co/iB209hWDEk 22 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
PHOTOS: 2012-2013 Wilkes-Barre Third Jersey
September 7, 2012Posted by on
Yours truly attended PensFest this afternoon. Normally the Penguins give fans at the ‘Fest a look at the third jersey for the upcoming season. I took some pictures of them. Pictures take up a lot of space, so click through the jump to see:
The shoulder is the skating Penguin used in the WBS logo. They are on both shoulders. There is nothing on the back.
Susie (@suz_b31) September 07, 2012
@nafsnep its pretty ugly. I liked the last two years, but this one is horrible.—
Jacki Amico (@ItsJacki) September 07, 2012
@nafsnep my eyes are bleeding.—
Dylan (@_DillyWilly_) September 07, 2012
@nafsnep Literally said EWW out loud when the picture loaded. Sure that's not the Christmas jersey? Valentine's Day?—
Alan Saunders (@saunders1407) September 07, 2012
@nafsnep The third jersey gives off too much of a Philly vibe for my liking.—
Amber K (@SousLeRadar) September 07, 2012
@nafsnep Do. Not. Want.—
Chris Treloar (@Callipygiad) September 07, 2012
Big Al (@4WattBulb) September 07, 2012
@nafsnep red really? Not a fan.—
Patrick Templeton (@Freq019) September 07, 2012
Sean Griffiths (@shouse59) September 08, 2012
I put the same photos up on my Facebook wall and had pretty much the same responses. There were “they look like Phillies uniforms” jokes, “you ripped off the Red Wings Winter Classic jerseys” responses, too much red, not original, etc.
Of note, a woman by the name of Patricia commented that the jerseys were patterned off of the old Pittsburgh Hornets jersey.
Penguins also had a hat to go along with the jersey, which will be part of a season ticket holder giveaway:
People liked the hat.
The Penguins are also giving away a seat cushion as part of season ticket promotional giveaway. Click this link if you want to see that one.
In other news…
–> A few of the incoming rookies were in town to sign autographs at Pensfest. Beat writer Jonathan Bombulie caught up with a few of them. Joe Morrow was today’s guest. Bombulie will be adding Q&A sessions he had with each player over the next couple of days over at the Penguins Insider.
–> Marc Chevrie, who was a Penguin for a day (literally, or at least it felt like it) this past summer, has signed on with the Binghamton Senators.
–> That arena in Allentown which is supposed to be the new home to the Adirondack Phantoms won’t be ready until the 2014-2015 season.
–> Don’t forget about my yearly look of what a center ice season ticket will cost you in each of the 30 AHL arenas.
Have a great weekend.
Comments are closed.