- Andy's kid just went yard at his dad's old workplace. 3 hours ago
- The problem with officiating at any level is that the men in charge of the rules rarely have to answer for their actions on the field. 3 hours ago
- So wait. Dodger pitcher plunks two Bucs. Buc pitcher plunks one Dodger and gets turfed. What the hell, blue? 3 hours ago
- I bought a boat. #boatlife instagram.com/p/qxci7qRRdC/ 5 hours ago
- RT @davesottile: RT @championshockey: Transfer alert: @LHChockey signed American forward Jeff Taffe (33). Taffe recorded over 500 points in… 17 hours ago
- I would love to watch the whole game, because the @SNYtv broadcast is criminally underrated. But the alarm for work goes off at 6:50 am 1 day ago
- Let's see how many more innings of @Mets baseball I can watch before I watch me favorite movie called, "the back of my eyeballs" 1 day ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
January 31, 2013Posted by on
A few things swirling around today worth a mention. Here we go…..
—> Pittsburgh claimed Zach Boychuk off of waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes. There should be no immediate impact to Wilkes-Barre / Scranton with this move. Jonathan Bombulie had some thoughts along with a Thursday practice update this afternoon on the Penguins Insider. If anything, it means that the forward corps is safe on Coal Street and that there shouldn’t be any recalls at least in the immediate future.
—> Ex-Penguin Brian Strait was inked by the New York Islanders to a three year contract. I am happy for him. He belongs in the NHL.
—> Hershey made a move today. They traded Zach Hamill to Florida / San Antonio in exchange for Casey Wellman. Wellman will report to Hershey. He’s 7-16-23 in 37 games with San Antonio. He’s also a non-vet, which eliminates the Bears veteran issue. Since January 21, the Bears lost Tomas Kundratek to recall to Washington and Hamill to trade, or 48 points this season. They also may not be done yet.
—> Binghamton made a few moves today as well, recalling three players from ECHL Elmira.
Cleaning up a few leftovers, I guest blogged for my pals at Sweetest Hockey on Earth regarding the Outdoor Classic. Link here. Also, if you are too cheap to buy a newspaper, here’s my Monday entry and Tuesday offering for the Times Leader. I would like to publicly thank Tom Venesky for having me pinch hit for him in Providence.
Penguins back to a three-in-three this weekend with Manchester, Adirondack and Hershey, starting tomorrow. Gameday for Manchester here at 3:00 p.m.
Let’s Go Pens!