- But I can see the reasoning. Gamer is near done. 350 words. Not bad for a guy that didn’t listen and watched here and there. 3 hours ago
- Laughable that Utica didn’t award Peter Mannino a star tonight. They went DeFazio (game tying goal) O’Reilly (shootout GWG) & Eriksson 32/33 3 hours ago
- Heading home. Blog’ll be up before midnight. 3 hours ago
- Albany and Providence with 69 pts. in 6 and 7. Pens’ll have 68 in 8th. Hershey, barring an implosion, will have 9th with 67 pts. 4 hours ago
- Albany yaks up a big lead again but manages to win in shootout. Worcester beats Providence in one too. St. John’s wins in regulation v BRI 4 hours ago
- However, a pack of rabid dogs make up the non-division leaders. Pens may settle 7-8-9 tonight, depending on other finals. 4 hours ago
- Pens’ll pick up the point, with Norfolk losing 3-1 at home to the Bears, WBS will get to w/in 2 of the East lead. 4 hours ago
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
January 31, 2013Posted by on
A few things swirling around today worth a mention. Here we go…..
—> Pittsburgh claimed Zach Boychuk off of waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes. There should be no immediate impact to Wilkes-Barre / Scranton with this move. Jonathan Bombulie had some thoughts along with a Thursday practice update this afternoon on the Penguins Insider. If anything, it means that the forward corps is safe on Coal Street and that there shouldn’t be any recalls at least in the immediate future.
—> Ex-Penguin Brian Strait was inked by the New York Islanders to a three year contract. I am happy for him. He belongs in the NHL.
—> Hershey made a move today. They traded Zach Hamill to Florida / San Antonio in exchange for Casey Wellman. Wellman will report to Hershey. He’s 7-16-23 in 37 games with San Antonio. He’s also a non-vet, which eliminates the Bears veteran issue. Since January 21, the Bears lost Tomas Kundratek to recall to Washington and Hamill to trade, or 48 points this season. They also may not be done yet.
—> Binghamton made a few moves today as well, recalling three players from ECHL Elmira.
Cleaning up a few leftovers, I guest blogged for my pals at Sweetest Hockey on Earth regarding the Outdoor Classic. Link here. Also, if you are too cheap to buy a newspaper, here’s my Monday entry and Tuesday offering for the Times Leader. I would like to publicly thank Tom Venesky for having me pinch hit for him in Providence.
Penguins back to a three-in-three this weekend with Manchester, Adirondack and Hershey, starting tomorrow. Gameday for Manchester here at 3:00 p.m.
Let’s Go Pens!