- Three more AHL alumni heading to Hockey Hall of Fame
- Ohio ties get deeper as Eaves takes over Monsters
- Blackhawks, Hurricanes swap Calder Cup champs
- Blues re-sign Nolan to one-year deal
- Devils acquire Helewka from Nashville
- Canucks add AHL All-Star Perron from San Jose
- Blackhawks acquire AHL All-Star Quenneville
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Hersheys’ Liam O’Brien Suspended for Game 2
May 6, 2016Posted by on
The AHL on Friday morning announced that Hershey Bears forward Liam O’Brien will be suspended for Game 2 of the Atlantic Division Finals tonight in Hershey for this hit on Dominik Simon in Wilkes-Barre’s 4-0 Game 1 win Wednesday night.
For what it’s worth, Simon did not practice Thursday in Hershey for what Clark Donatelli told the WBS media an, “upper body injury.” Simon’s status for Friday is unknown.
I’m now editorializing, so take the following as simply that.
This isn’t O’Brien’s first suspension. He has been suspended a couple of times this season and last season. He has a history. You can’t do this and you can’t put your team in a bind like this.
Personally, I hate to see this on both sides. I don’t want to see Simon hurt or O’Brien suspended. Let the players decide who wins the series on the ice and don’t let this series be married by injuries and suspensions.
Out the door, the League did not suspend Carter Rowney for a check earlier in the game on Carter Camper. I had a Vine of that in my Game 1 recap.
Gameday setup for Game 2 hits the blog at 3 p.m. later on.
Comments are closed.