- DiPietro’s game – absent games – sees ‘big strides’
- Bears clinch Kilpatrick Trophy as regular-season champions
- Draisaitl’s 2015 AHL stint ‘best thing that happened to me’
- Lightning, Groulx agree to terms on new contract
- First-year Silver Knights take regular-season division title
- Perfetti to play for Canada at World Championship
- Wolves claim another division crown
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Samuel Morin Suspended Two Games
February 16, 2017Posted by on
Thursday morning, the AHL suspended Lehigh Valley Phantoms defenseman Samuel Morin for two games on this hit on Garrett Wilson from Tuesday…
(@ElmerTalmadge) February 15, 2017
Morin was only given a cross checking penalty. 28.1 in the rule book is supplemental discipline in which a team asks the league to review a sequence. I think in order for there to actually be a suspension, the other player involved had to have sustained an injury. There are other factors involved, such as whether the player has a history and Morin has that.
Wilson is currently week to week with an upper body injury. Penguins will be leaving later today for their thee game trip through the North Division beginning Friday night in Albany.
Comments are closed.