- OT goal caps special night in Abbotsford
- Phantoms’ Wilson suspended for one game
- As Rangers’ depth is tested, Barron keeps doing right things
- From Grand Rapids to the Garden, Cassidy and Kelly cross paths again
- ‘It’s a privilege’: Love excited to lead Heat
- Griffins’ radio voices wear hearts on their sleeves
- Bears off to promising start
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Penguins Call On Smith
July 6, 2017Posted by on
Sort of an unexpected signing today and a big one made by the braintrust on Coal Street.
On Thursday, the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins announced the signing of center Colin Smith to an AHL contract.
Smith is an automatic 40 point scorer in the American Hockey League and has scored 40 points in back to back seasons with San Antonio and Toronto in the AHL, an average of 42 points in his first four seasons.
Nathan Mallett saw Smith play the last two seasons and offered up this little piece of information on Smith, which he also offered up on the capsule on Smith when he helped out with my AHL Big Board….
@nafsnep Great offensive player countered by a complete lack of defense. That said, he will probably do well in your system.—
Nathan Mallett (@RampageNate) July 06, 2017
…I had Smith ranked #44.
A big time signing made by the Penguins. And they may not be done.
Comments are closed.