- Agostino looking forward to ‘the right opportunity’
- Bears, Flyers alumni to battle at Outdoor Classic
- Parallel paths lead Bear and Jones to Bakersfield
- Wolf Pack entrusted with developing Chytil
- Kilrea thankful for AHL Hall of Fame honor
- NHL.com: Subban’s change of fortune inspires others
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2018
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
First Round of Cuts
September 19, 2017Posted by on
It’s probably a false headline because all of the roster cuts Pittsburgh made from its roster Monday were all players who they returned to their junior clubs. They were, Jan Drozg (Shawinigan Cataractes), Zachary Lauzon (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies), Connor Hall (Kitchener Rangers) and Alex D’Orio (Saint John Sea Dogs).
One junior player remains, and will actually play Tuesday night in Pittsburgh’s preseason game against Buffalo. His name is Jordy Bellerive, fresh off signing a three year entry level contract on Saturday.
Here’s the lineup Pittsburgh is putting out for Tuersday’s affair against Buffalo, in case you are wondering.
Hershey signed five guys to PTOs. I thought at the time that they loaded up like Hershey always does but one name out of that quintet jumps out at me the most, the others are likely depth guys or heading to the Bears ECHL affiliate in South Carolina.
Matt Carey in case you were wondering, is the player that jumped out at me the most. He was good on a bad Hartford team last year. Put him on an offensive juggernaut like 11-time, watch out.
Mike O’Brien checked in from Pittsburgh, his thoughts here.
More later, probably this week.
Comments are closed.