- Phantoms, Penguins on NHL Network today
- Phantoms’ Wilson suspended for one game
- As Rangers’ depth is tested, Barron keeps doing right things
- From Grand Rapids to the Garden, Cassidy and Kelly cross paths again
- ‘It’s a privilege’: Love excited to lead Heat
- Griffins’ radio voices wear hearts on their sleeves
- Bears off to promising start
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Thursday Tidbits 7/19
July 19, 2018Posted by on
Emptying out the notebook with the following pieces of news from the last week or so.
– It was announced today that Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins assistant coach Tim Army was named Head Coach of the Iowa Wild. The Wild play in the Central Division, and will not see the Penguins on their regular season schedule. The job opened up when Derek Lalonde took a job as an assistant with the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Wild were primed to be a strong team to start last year and were for large parts but they fizzled, losing seven of their last ten games and falling out of playoff contention. Lalonde fails upward, and gets an NHL gig while Army comes over in an attempt to get Iowa to the playoffs in 2018-19.
– Army may not be the only Penguins assistant on his way out the door…
– Pittsburgh re-signed Teddy Blueger, Thomas DiPauli and Ethan Prow this week. The only RFA left outstanding is Tristan Jarry.
Couple things from Coal Street this past week. First, the Penguins Podcast is back (on SoundCloud, which means half the people can’t just download it on iTunes and listen to it on their commute home read: me if any Penguins staffer reads this, please put the podcast on iTunes sooner rather than later)
Finally, in conjunction with the 20th anniversary, the Penguins are looking for your fondest memory of the last 19 years. You can let them know right here.
Enjoy your weekend.
Comments are closed.