- Voice of Griffins on mend after heart attack
- Thompson not thinking Wolves tenure is done
- Phantoms’ Gordon helps make Flyers contenders again
- Colorado re-signs MacDonald for two years
- AHL teams finding creative ways to engage fans
- Avalanche re-sign Tynan for 2020-21
- Bonvie thriving in second career as scout
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
2019 AHL Big Board Thursday — Other Notes
June 26, 2019Posted by on
I am essentially putting the finishing touches on the 2019 AHL Big Board which I took in house this season and did all on my own. The list, with a Top 100 and about 250 or so other names, will be out Thursday at noon, barring any last second snags which would delay it only by a few hours or so. Check back then and follow along as NHL Free Agency cranks up Monday, July 1 in the afternoon.
One name on the Big Board which was a restricted free agent was Penguins defenseman Jeff Taylor, who was the only player left without a qualifying offer. He will be an unrestricted free agent.
Update: After this blog post went up, Pittsburgh announced that they re-signed Kevin Czuczman and Zach Trotman to two year deals. Nice to have both in the fold for the foreseeable future. They were part of my “needs” list on the Offseason Moves List which was also updated to reflect these signings.
In Arena news, the LED board will be ready by the fall, but the zambonis won’t. Look for it later in the hockey season, around December or the start of the new year. Details here.
Back Thursday with the Big Board.
Comments are closed.