Rapidly Quick (and late) Recap – Pens WIN 6-3
Late with this one because the family came in and we all went out for dinner Saturday night to celebrate my mother’s birthday. So I missed all of Saturday nights 6-3 win in Newark against the Binghamton Devils.
Here’s what I scraped together after going through the timeline of events:
- P. O. Joseph was back down from Pittsburgh and made his 2021 WBS debut paired with Jon Lizotte.
- Binghamton struck for three goals in the first ten minutes of the first. Two of them on the power play.
- Penguins roar back for two late in the first, both on a double minor power play.
- Wilkes-Barre clamps down from there and allowed Binghamton just three shots in the second and four in the third.
- Jon Gruden connects for his first Penguins goal on a power play about halfway through the second. Jon Lizotte adds an even strength goal with under four to play and Wilkes-Barre was in front.
- Jan Drozg connects 67 seconds into the third to quell any chances at a Binghamton comeback and Drew O’Connor gets his first pro goal with under five to play.
- Billy Sweezy and Ben Thomson fought in the third. It was the first fight of the season for the Penguins.
- Wilkes-Barre badly outshot Binghamton 43-21. Every Penguin player had at least one shot on goal.
Housekeeping: The Penguins parted ways with Jordan Nolan. Recall that he took a leave to be with family. In this pandemic world we are living in, who can fault him. I think the Penguins are doing just fine without him.
Video highlights here:
Back at it on TV a Monday at five against Lehigh Valley. Game day setup Monday at 1.
Let’s go Pens! Stay safe.