- Staal in Iowa to pursue Olympic dreams
- AHL voices taking their talents to the show
- Rangers debut a meaningful one for Greco, family
- ‘Earned opportunity’ lands Skinner back in NHL
- Weekend notebook: Comets preparing for test vs. Crunch
- Quinn’s debut a special moment for entire organization
- Staal signs tryout with Iowa Wild
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
December 1, 2021Posted by on
I’m actually quite surprised it has taken as long as it has for COVID to find its way into AHL locker rooms. You may or may not have heard about a boat load of schedule postponements* and other changes to the AHL schedule affecting many AHL Atlantic Division teams (Hershey, Providence, Hartford, etc.) for games scheduled for this week.
At this point, the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins are clear of COVID (as best they can be playing a physical sport in the midst of a pandemic) and are scheduled to play two of the three games originally scheduled for this weekend. They are:
At Syracuse Friday.
Home against Charlotte Satuday.
Their Sunday game against Hershey, in Hershey was postponed by the League Wednesday, along with a bevy of changes affecting a lot of teams.
Two other changes to note, swap the opponents for the Penguins home games scheduled for March 18 and 19. It was originally going to be Utica on Friday, March 18 and Syracuse on Saturday, March 19. Swap it. Syracuse is here Friday, March 18 and Utica is here the next night on March 19.
No makeup date has been announced for the December 5 game in Hershey yet.
Weekend Preview will still hit Friday morning, setting up Syracuse and Charlotte.
* – there is a difference between, “cancelled” (it has been stricken from the schedule) and “postponed” (it has been delayed) please utilize caution.
Comments are closed.