- From Grand Rapids to the Garden, Cassidy and Kelly cross paths again
- ‘It’s a privilege’: Love excited to lead Heat
- Griffins’ radio voices wear hearts on their sleeves
- Bears off to promising start
- AHL announces additions to front office
- Crunch’s Huntington named AHL Player of the Week
- Checkers turn to Dalpe for leadership
A fan blog about the AHL's Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Save Money, Sign Four (or Five)
July 9, 2018Posted by on
Signings came today in droves as the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins and Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced a sum total of nine players under contract for the upcoming 2018-19 AHL Season.
First, the Penguins announced that they have re-signed Patrick McGrath and Ryan Haggerty in addition to Cam Brown and Will O’Neill. O’Neill come over from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and should be familiar to Penguins fans as he played with Wilkes-Barre in 2015-16. Cam Brown appeared in one game with Wilkes-Barre last year and was a point a game player with the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL.
Bridgeport made noise earlier in the day signing five big names. Future AHL All-Star Chris Bourque signed as well as goaltender Jeremy Smith (who last skated with the Charlotte Checkers) and they re-signed Chris’ brother Ryan, Connor Jones and their captain and AHL ironman Ben Holmstrom.
All deals were AHL contracts.
AHL Big Board has been updated to reflect the moves.
Also, the 2018-19 AHL Schedule should be out this week. It was announced July 11 last year.
It’s apparently coming Tuesday, if the Colorado Eagles who are the newest AHL team, are to be believed.
Comments are closed.